Rate Super 17 arc!

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
So this is one of the most hated Arc in dragonball series [forget about canon thing], so how are you gonna rate it?

I rate it 3.5/10

We all know the reason. :alex2

Zippy

Super Elite
2/10, in terms of dragonball that is. In terms of anime in general id give it a 1/10 barely.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
6.5/10

Some of the animation for the series reaches his peak here and I enjoy various spots through the arc. It's also too short for me to hate it, especially when DBS tends to drag on its arcs for too long.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Southern Gothic said:
6.5/10

Some of the animation for the series reaches his peak here and I enjoy various spots through the arc. It's also too short for me to hate it, especially when DBS tends to drag on its arcs for too long.
At least they drag it with funny gag scenes. :cage2

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Southern Gothic said:
6.5/10

At least they drag it with funny gag scenes. :cage2
And the occasional ki blast. :alex2

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
1/10. Along with being a copy-paste of Fusion Reborn, it probably contained the most glaring plot holes out of any GT Arc, the shining turd in the waterpipe being Gero initially planning #17 to surpass Cell. Doesn't help that the action and lack of suspense make the war in Naruto look gripping by comparison. Also,CIS/PIS ending.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
1/5

Only redeemable quality was Vegeta killing Nappa again....

YOU ALWAYS GONNA BE A SIDE BITCH! *BLAM*

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
1/10. Along with being a copy-paste of Fusion Reborn, it probably contained the most glaring plot holes out of any GT Arc, the shining turd in the waterpipe being Gero initially planning #17 to surpass Cell. Doesn't help that the action and lack of suspense make the war in Naruto look gripping by comparison. Also,CIS/PIS ending.
Gero was planning to 17 to surpass Cell from when they were alive? :eek:dawg

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
Definitely one of the worst Dragonball Sagas. It makes literally NO sense on why Super 17 is as powerful as he was even without the energy absorption ability. How did Trunks get beat up by the original 17? WHY is everyone barring Goku useless? A few other things but yeah it was pretty bad.

2/10 being generous.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It'd have been hilarious if Cell also escaped from Hell while hidden inside Galu's ass as a core, regenerated and then absorbed 17 just after Galu mortally wounded him :troll :troll

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
4.5/10

It's not as bad as the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga or Baby Saga but not very good at all. The whole plot is one big plothole that follows the logic of contradictory filler plus Super #17 was a boring villain.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Gero was planning to 17 to surpass Cell from when they were alive? :eek:dawg
Yeah. The FUNi dub removed the line. In the original Japanese and Blue Water versions of episode 41, Gero tells Mu he planned to make #17 stronger than Cell, but the plan was thwarted by the Z-Senshi entering his lab, despite the fact that Future #17 << Main timeline #17.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
What I also don't get is the fact that Cell wasn't even meant to be complete for another 2 decades, and his whole concept is absorbing the twins. Surely in 2 decades' time he could create something superior to a run of the mill SSJ2 with his "plans"

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui