Reviving the Z Sections

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I've noticed lately that the activity in said sections has dropped pretty dramatically in the last couple of weeks, not that I've been helping it much. But I'd like some ideas as to how we can get them going again. Obviously getting more members is the clear answer, but it's much easier said than done.

I personally will try to post there again, but they are still lacking very much. Does anyone know how we can get them going again?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
i don't rly am that interested anymore abt db & i can't rly create any threads since i already talked abt all i wanted to

not only on here, but neither on dbzf

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
For me posting isn't the hard part, it's creating threads. I reckon I've made well over 1,000 if not 2,000 topics pertaining to DB in the 3+ years I've been doing this. Thinking of new stuff is rather tough.

Perhaps if I watched the new stuff there would be a bit more to discuss/make threads about, but I just can't be assed.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
And don't get me wrong, the forum is still doing well despite such little activity in the Z sections, around 275 posts per day in the last couple of weeks by my calculations. It isn't bad, but with more discussions it would be a lot better.

How can we go about getting new members here?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I'll attempt to post there and read more Dragon Ball again. I got to where Goku and Krillin are at the 21st tournament. It just seems like such a chore because although I've never read it fully before due to shitty scanslations online and no access to the actual volumes, I basically know the whole story by heart. I've read a fuckton of manga in recent years and I was once a pretty well respected debater, so I really have no excuse.

Besides that, we need p123 and KP to post more. Especially the latter, since he's co-admin here, anyway.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't know where P is right now.

I think he said he was going to come on once a week or some shit like that.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'll attempt to post there and read more Dragon Ball again. I got to where Goku and Krillin are at the 21st tournament. It just seems like such a chore because although I've never read it fully before due to shitty scanslations online and no access to the actual volumes, I basically know the whole story by heart. I've read a fuckton of manga in recent years and I was once a pretty well respected debater, so I really have no excuse.
It gets a lot better after the 21st.

I'm going to continue my reread tonight as well. I think I left off somewhere in the Cell arc.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Don't discount the time of year slowing things down a little. Shitty ass January and February, ya know.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You're probably right. Just checked my old post history on F and there was only 1 really active January out of 3 years. Meh

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Honestly there's way too many forums for the current active member base. Consolidation at least gives the illusion of more activity to anyone visiting the board.

There's really no need for more than a dragonball discussion, a non-canon discussion, and a battle powers board. Almost all of the Super discussion is consolidated in a handful of topics.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
We can probably afford to move dbz games into a sub section at this point. We breathed some life into it, but not enough to stand on its own.