SS4 Vegeta

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Personally, I feel he's portrayed as Goku's near equal (surpassed limits Goku, that is). Though I suppose that is subjective. Are there any other solid quotes to prove Vegeta was on Goku's level or at least a distant rival to Goku?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
No. Goku had been in battle since he took on the Red Dragon. He had taken many wounds, and Vegeta was only equal to a wounded level of Goku.

Goku: 1000
Vegeta: 750

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Do you believe that Vegeta is stronger than regular Super Saiyan 4 Goku, though?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Sun can tank Goku's 10x KHH, but gets owned by Surpassed limits. Not sure how ki tanking works, but I'd go with;":

Goku SSJ4: 100
Syn: 600
Goku surpass: 1000
Vegeta: 750

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I did think about Vegeta being equally as powerful Limits Surpassed SSJ4 Goku at his max but he was beat up a bit by Omega Shenron before Vegeta showed up and had just performed a Ryu-Ken but I've put them as equals to save myself the hassle but that is maybe something to think about.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I put them as close but not equal. As SS2 said, Goku had some damage, although our gap between them is slightly different. Surpassed limits should be slightly ahead, because its Goku, but the artificial blutz waves seem to add that something extra which lets him catch up. I think we saw how effective those waves were in letting Baby dominate Goku.

SSJ4 Goku (surpassed) 1000
SSJ4 Vegeta: 875

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I put them rival at very least cuz just like you said, they seems to be potrayed as rival.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
They're rivals at worst, equal at best. I usually put them equal for simplicity's sake. They had both taken damage prior to fusing, Goku more than Vegeta, but neither was noted to have suppressed further than the other to fuse.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Kamikaze Pyro said:
They're rivals at worst, equal at best. I usually put them equal for simplicity's sake. They had both taken damage prior to fusing, Goku more than Vegeta, but neither was noted to have suppressed further than the other to fuse.
If Goku had taken more damage than Vegeta, does that not indicate that his power level is higher?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Smoker said:
Kamikaze Pyro said:
If Goku had taken more damage than Vegeta, does that not indicate that his power level is higher?
It depends. I don't really remember all that went down, though it sounds logical.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I still say the blutz waves pushed Vegeta closer than he should be, thank to the alchemy of science and plot.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah that's an interesting discussion as well. Does the artificial transformation alter Vegeta's power output? Perhaps it's actually similar to Oozaru + Moon Ball and causes you to lose some of your actual power. Then Goku and Vegeta could be true equals if Vegeta transformed properly.

Zippy

Super Elite
Smoker said:
Yeah that's an interesting discussion as well. Does the artificial transformation alter Vegeta's power output? Perhaps it's actually similar to Oozaru + Moon Ball and causes you to lose some of your actual power. Then Goku and Vegeta could be true equals if Vegeta transformed properly.

Maybe. Though it being bulma's statement maybe it shouldnt be taken in too much account but. Didnt she say he may even become an ssj5? Or was that a dub line?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I'd say the Bruits waves made Vegeta stronger than he'd normally have been. It was an amplified version, after all.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
True, she did mention Super Saiyan 5, (although was that an exaggeration? Why wouldn't she just make him a SSJ5?). Yeah it is probably stronger.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'd personally place SS4 Vegeta around equal to Surpassed Limits SS4 Goku, or near enough for there to not be a big gap between them. Despite the damage and stamina drain Goku took from Yi Xing Long, including using a Ryu-Ken strong enough to nearly kill the dragon, it wasn't until after fusion that Trunks noted a significant drop in Goku's Ki.

Zippy

Super Elite
Smoker said:
True, she did mention Super Saiyan 5, (although was that an exaggeration? Why wouldn't she just make him a SSJ5?). Yeah it is probably stronger.
Maybe it was so powerful it may turn to be an outcome