Theory on how Cell came back at full power

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
So we know Cell's regeneration costs him ki...like the Nameks. He is not like Buu who's ki is instantly and always is regenerated within mere seconds along with his physical body.

Like when Cell regenerates after Goku's warp KHH he lost a lot of ki when he regerated. So if he's 100 after he powered up to fight Goku..he.might be 80 after having to regenerate his whole upper body and head. So how the fuck did SPC come back at full power?

Well obviously this is just AT's poor writing but I think it can be explained in universe wise.

I get that he regenerated from his tiny "core", and I get that he should be owed a zenkai for surviving his self destruct because he was about as close to death as it comes. But shouldn't that regeneration cost him a ton of ki and he should be very low power once he's regenerated? Logic says Only after he eats a senzu would he have been back to full power and actually fealt the effects of a zenkai...unless of course he were to just gain his ki and health back naturally and gradually over time but, that would take days. So anyway my theory why he's instantly full power with a zenkai and as good as new is because this happened in the "afterlife" or "other world". It is essentially another dimension with it's own properties..not part of the physical universe. And I think whenever one first comes there, their ki is instantly renewed as good as new.

p123

Elite
Are you saying that no amount of ki expenditure will allow you to lose power in the Other World?

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
No filler and even the Kid Buu stuff shows them losing power in the other world..but when they first come there they are always good as new, no? I don't think this applies only to people who die and are stuck there but the very few people who live and manage to get to that dimension. (Like the Kaioshins or someone with Instant Transmission). Cell

p123

Elite
So let me get this straight. You are saying this right?

I have a living body. I have exhausted my energy, if I can IT to King Kai's planet, my energy will be fully restored?

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
p123 said:
So let me get this straight. You are saying this right?

I have a living body. I have exhausted my energy, if I can IT to King Kai's planet, my energy will be fully restored?
I think yes but only once. You can't just do it over and over.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
We can agree that all fighters when they die and are warped to "other world" their power is restored to 100% right? Like King Yemma beat a full.power Raditz right who was as good as new? He didn't beat a severely weakened Raditz.

Why can't the same happen for fighters who live? Its not like there are but a few people in the cosmos whom ever set foot in Other World "alive" anyway.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I don't think I understand. Why would this happen in the afterlife if Cell never died?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I just think it's dogshit writing, especially considering that it seems according to recent material that #17 somehow survived Cell's explosion and was regenerated along with his new body :cena

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
I think that, the moments before his regeneration, Cell fell into a coma, which lasted 50 years in his head
because of the time dilation. During this coma, he dreamt he was a boy named Timmy Turner who got a
couple of fairy godparents and wished to them to stop ageing, so he remained 10 years old for 50 years.
You can see what Cell dreamt during that coma if you watch 'Fairy Odd Parents' series.
And this explains, imo, how he came back at full power.

p123

Elite
I kind of think of it like Goku turning Super Saiyan where he is healed by the power up. Sure it's a zenkai but it's kind of similar.

It's probably some core rebooting tactic. He literally has no ki to regenerate from in the first place, perhaps it's a fail safe put in place for the worst scenario.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Enough about that sequence doesn't make sense as is. Forget about the damage, he just magically regenerates to his perfect form.

That bullshit alone should handwave him being full power. It's just bad writing.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Idea of Gaslight said:
I just think it's dogshit writing, especially considering that it seems according to recent material that #17 somehow survived Cell's explosion and was regenerated along with his new body :cena

But he would be revived along with everyone else when Kuririn wished Shenlong to bring everyone back... Unless Super fucked up and i'm missing something? :wtf

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Idea of Gaslight said:

But he would be revived along with everyone else when Kuririn wished Shenlong to bring everyone back... Unless Super fucked up and i'm missing something? :wtf

He ought to have died after the KMHMH clash then.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
#17 and #18 were inside of Cell's ass. That would explain why he'd still have them absorbed.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Evil Vegeta said:
#17 and #18 were inside of Cell's ass. That would explain why he'd still have them absorbed.

He made them fuck inside him whenever he produced the Cell Jr.s

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
But seriously, #17 staying inside of Cell after he was reduced to just a microscopic lump makes no damn sense. Should've been that he died in the Kaio planet when Cell blew up.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Idea of Gaslight said:
But seriously, #17 staying inside of Cell after he was reduced to just a microscopic lump makes no damn sense. Should've been that he died in the Kaio planet when Cell blew up.
Well, since Cell had #17 within him moments before blowing up, it makes sense he'd regenerate #17 as well when regenerating himself, no? I assume he'd be able to regenerate himself as a splitting image of how he was before blowing up.

What doesn't make sense to me is how Cell is on his Perfect form despite being on his 2nd form when he blew himself up...

Besides, what about Majin Boo? Nobody finds it strange that everyone absorbed by him would still be on his stomach despite him being blown to bits, sliced in two and so on? If he were able to apparently regenerate himself to how he was, maybe so is Cell.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Boo's regeneration is different though. Boo is a magical being, while Cell is an entirely artificial one made with science using Namekian and Saiyan cells etc. to fuel his regeneration/zenkais. And Cell unlike Boo can take enough damage to force him to sever his connection with #18 while nothing of the sort happened to Boo no matter how badly he got beaten.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui