Theory on how Cell came back at full power

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Idea of Gaslight said:
Boo's regeneration is different though. Boo is a magical being, while Cell is an entirely artificial one made with science using Namekian and Saiyan cells etc. to fuel his regeneration/zenkais. And Cell unlike Boo can take enough damage to force him to sever his connection with #18 while nothing of the sort happened to Boo no matter how badly he got beaten.

Boo's regeneration is different as in it's way more advanced than Cell's, since he doesn't spend energy/stamina when regenerating himself. He doesn't lose power unless he is fighting one of his kind, whereas Cell still loses a good chunk of power by regenerating himself up. But still, I don't see why Cell wouldn't be able to re-create himself to exactly how he was before blowing up. So it's possible #17 died when Cell blew himself up but was instantly regenerated when Cell regenerated himself, who knows... maybe it could regenerate #17 inside Cell as well, and since it had already experienced how Cell looked in his Perfect form, it could regenerate himself to that point? Dunno.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
The wish to Shenlong was to revive everyone Cell killed right? Technically 17 was Gohan's kill... Damm, Toriyama :troll

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
No, #17 died when Cell self destructed. So it's Cell's kill.

Cell came back to Perfect form without #18 or #17 inside him. How? I dunno...I guess his cells just stored the data of his Perfect form inside him and remembered the Perfect form when he regenerated.

As for Cell's regeneration, yes it's a lot like Namekian regeneration but definitely superior. Piccolo cannot regenerate with his head blown off, or from a mere small lump of cells ["core"]..and yes it costs Cell ki, much like the Nameks. Cell and Namekian regeneration takes time too...he really has to focus to regenerate, kind of like Piccolo..and is somewhat vulnerable and open to attack while regenerating. Cell and the Nameks don't instantly regenerate ki either, so their number of regenerations they can pull off per fight is quite limited. Perhaps just a few per fight.

Buu's regeneration? He can regenerate from a molecular level..his ki is near instantly renewed as well. He regenerates his physical body and ki instantly. Can basically regenerate infinite number of times each time taking a mere second sometimes even less. Only against Vegetto after regenerating probably 50 times did he start to show some regeneration fatigue and slight trouble regenerating.

Buu regeneration >>> Cell regeneration >> standard Namekian regeneration

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
^that's what I thought too, but Toyotaro (artist of Dragon Ball Super) illustrated a flashback where #17 was wished back in the exact spot where Cell died, which while not entirely disproving him dying when Cell exploded, does make it rather shaky since Cell didn't exactly die on the same spot from which Goku teleported with him.

And while I disregard DBS (whether AT participates in it or not) when it conflicts with the original manga, nothing in the manga conclusively states where 17 died so it's not really applicable.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Something I am wondering... is Cell's regeneration really superior compared to Piccolo's? We also know that Piccolo can regenerate himself as long as his head is intact and can regenerate holes on his body as he did when battling Zamasu in the anime of Super... granted that Cell regenerated himself when his head had exploded, but that seemed a contradicition considering he targeted his head as the place where his small cluster of cells -- nucleus -- was.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
My theory is that Cell either has a secondary core in his pelvis, or that if he has ki remaining he can remain alive whether his core is destroyed or not.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
I'm not even sure if the Nameks in Z can regenerate holes in their bodies. When Freeza shot the death beam through Piccolo he didnt regenerate. Didnt Vegeta kill some Nameks in a village too while by blasting a few holes in them?

Piccolo can't regenerate if his head/brain is vaporized...which is what Cell did when he survived Goku's KHH. Also, Piccolo's never been shown to regenerate from just a mere small cluster of cells. Piccolo in the Buu saga did regenerate when he was turned to a statue and his legs and arms were seperated from his body. So Piccolo can regenerate multiple limbs.

Gaslight, yes I think Cell has 2 cores, one in his pelvis and one in his brain. Lower body and Upper body core. One also came up with the idea that he only has one core and it moves throughout his body accordingly but i don't like that theory as much.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I just think their regeneration isn't as advanced as Piccolo's later became. Daimao died from just a hole to the stomach and Nail lost quite a bit of ki from regenerating that one arm while Piccolo didn't seem fazed from regening basically his entire body from just his brain/head.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Victorious said:
I'm not even sure if the Nameks in Z can regenerate holes in their bodies. When Freeza shot the death beam through Piccolo he didnt regenerate. Didnt Vegeta kill some Nameks in a village too while by blasting a few holes in them?
That can be explained by Piccolo getting knocked out unconscious as soon as Freeza shot a death bean on him. He wasn't dead of course but he still wasn't reacting to the situation.
Piccolo can't regenerate if his head/brain is vaporized...which is what Cell did when he survived Goku's KHH.
Which like I said seems kind of a contradiction considering Piccolo tapped his head as the organ storing his nucleus. Unless you argue Cell's nuclues was still intact after the KMHMH and is just too small to be seen, but still he regenerated himself from the torso and not from the nucleus. He maybe moved his nucleus to his lower body so that it wouldn't be affected by the KMHMH, but that's also speculation.

I have seen people arguing Cell was telling everyone his nucleus was on his head as an intentional diversion, kind of like "yeah, that's how you kill me (taps to head)... so aim here, not to anywhere else"... gives Cell's inteligent a bit more of credit lol.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Idea of Gaslight said:
I just think their regeneration isn't as advanced as Piccolo's later became. Daimao died from just a hole to the stomach and Nail lost quite a bit of ki from regenerating that one arm while Piccolo didn't seem fazed from regening basically his entire body from just his brain/head.
Maybe Daimao hadn't enough chi stored to regenerate himself in that situation?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Prior to getting gut punched Daimao was in better condition than Galu who had an arm and both his legs broken by that point though. I don't think he was that low on ki. Plus, he left Jr. a shitload of ki, I just think regeneration as a whole becomes more advanced as you grow stronger.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Idea of Gaslight said:
Prior to getting gut punched Daimao was in better condition than Galu who had an arm and both his legs broken by that point though. I don't think he was that low on ki. Plus, he left Jr. a shitload of ki, I just think regeneration as a whole becomes more advanced as you grow stronger.

Fair enough, but what about Piccolo on Z? Do you think he was already strong enough to regenerate a hole on his body?

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Didn't Piccolo regenerate from Cell blasting a huge hole through him despite being knocked out?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Evil Vegeta said:
Didn't Piccolo regenerate from Cell blasting a huge hole through him despite being knocked out?

Maybe that was the Senzu?

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Goku only gave them the senzu after they returned to the lookout. The hole created from Cell's blast appeared to be gone when Piccolo washed up on shore.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
In the manga it seemed AT either forgot about that windhole in him, or at least forgot to illustrate it. In the anime it was clear he regenerated

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Evil Vegeta said:
Goku only gave them the senzu after they returned to the lookout. The hole created from Cell's blast appeared to be gone when Piccolo washed up on shore.

Good find then.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
Trump takes it in the ACE
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui