Which movie is worth of being canon?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Bio-Broly for having the least amount of base fight scenes :et

Tapion

High Class Warrior
If i were to rewrite the manga, i would include all the movies and the Other World Tournament Saga.
Obviously, i would change a lot of stuff to fit the canon.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't think M1 contradicted much.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Probably Episode of Bardock or Yo! Son Goku. These movies were as close to the Manga as they could possibly get.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Just from the original movies, I'd say Movie 6 serves as a nice little side story that doesn't alter too much in the regular timeline. Goku seeing Vegeta go SSJ a little early is the biggest contradiction I can think of, which I can also live with.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Bojack does fit nicely. I just assume Future Trunks comes back for a visit because he missed his friends. M6 isn't too bad if one believes that Goku saw Vegeta go SSJ while no one else did. Which kind of works. Vegeta shows up on his own and leaves without a goodbye.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Southern Gothic said:
Just from the original movies, I'd say Movie 6 serves as a nice little side story that doesn't alter too much in the regular timeline. Goku seeing Vegeta go SSJ a little early is the biggest contradiction I can think of, which I can also live with.

Technically Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin don't see SSJ Vegeta, and they're the only ones from that movie who had the presence of mind to be shocked by Veggie's SSJ transformation in the actual Cell arc. Doesn't have to be a contradiction, although the line is paper thin :cage1

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I agree that it's walking a line. I don't think it's entirely out of character for Goku to keep quiet either. Vegeta only wants SSJ to fight Goku, he's not threatening Earth anymore, and he just saved Goku's ass. It's not need to know info at the time.

Now, Piccolo getting relegated to fighting some shitty robots is a whole different story. :troll2