Who won the first Goku Vs Vegeta ?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
The battle on Earth. Who won to you? I think Oozaru was cheating tbh. In equal terms, Goku got the best out of Vegeta.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Eh in that case it kinda was because it left Vegeta in an advantage Goku couldn't have. He relied on producing a fake moon rather than battling in equal conditions.

Even if Goku had a tail and transformed into an Oozaru, Vegeta still would have won. Oozaru Goku doesn't have his rationality and therefore wouldn't be able to use the Kaio-ken. Vegeta definitely won that fight.

Father

Mid Class Warrior
Vegeta won the 1v1 against Goku, but lost
in the grand scheme of things since he fled the battlefield after sustaining debilitating injuries from Goku/Krillen/Gohan and Yajirobe-dooby doo.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
In terms of the fight between just Goku and Vegeta, Vegeta had Goku squarely beaten. I believe Vegeta considers it a loss as a whole though because of Gohan and Krillin (he says something alluding to that somewhere, cant remember where though).

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Goku considered it a loss.

Screenshot-2024-06-24-at-07-27-40-VIZ-Read-a-Free-Preview-of-Dragon-Ball-Full-Color-Saiyan-Arc-Vol-3.png

Warmmedown

Elite
Vegeta lost.
Objectives: get dragon balls, kill Goku, destroy Earth, kill Goku and friends, spread the gospel about the brilliant scientist
Achieved 1 out of 5.

Goku won.
Objectives: save remaining friends, save Earth from destruction, defeat Vegeta, make Vegeta leave, make Yajirobe do something useful.
Achieved 4 out of 5.

But one vs one, Vegeta won. Transforming isn't cheating. If it's Goku or Gohan transforming you can say it's luck because they have no control, but with Vegeta it's all his own power (with the external stimulant of the blutz waves, but not more external than Freeza killing Krillin or the whole world/asteroid storm making Vegeta feel like a bitch).

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Vegeta heavily fixates on how he failed to beat Goku. We know Goku had help, but Vegeta doesn't care. On the flip side, Goku acknowledged that Vegeta bested him, but his team won and he was the underdog, so it's not as scathing to him.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Perhaps AT was aware of this irony and had Vegeta barely win that sparring match to continue the trend

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Nah, I feel like AT genuinely thought “I should give Vegeta a win for once, nobody will see it coming hehe :troll

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Vegeta didn't need to transform. Goku was so physically wrecked after KKX4 that he manages one short normal KK afterward. Vegeta just didn't know he didn't have access to it anymore.

The fight was functionally over as soon as Vegeta survived the beam battle.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Ehh in the melee combat Vegeta was being pummeled... He got thrown upwards by the KMHMH... Then he went to Oozaru which turns him into a giant monster... At least if it were a subtle transformation like SSJ or a technique like Kaioken, but the whole monster aspect makes it distance it from a raw Goku Vs Vegeta fight imo. Vegeta even said Goku would regret not having his tail iirc... Maybe doing the fake moon lowered Vegeta's power so much that his base was weaker than Goku's then...

Also, I vaguely remember Vegeta mentioning to Cui, Dodoria or Zarbon about "the Saiyan who defeated him" on earth... Unless I'm remembering the line wrong. I checked and VIZ didn't have it, tho I could swear Vegeta stated he lost to Goku...

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
N1eCBeV.jpeg

It's also curious that Vegeta states here how a ~60k power is such an unprecedented power for Saiyans, how Goku got to a power no Saiyan could... He could be 180,000 as Oozaru. The focus may be on the Saiyan doing that in base, but it's almost like Vegeta didn't consider his 180,000 power as a "legit power". He admitted being utterly surpassed there.