Why are Veku and Gogeta dead in Fusion Reborn?

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
According to Goku, when two people fuse, they become a a separate entity. So why are Veku and Gogeta dead when they are supposed to be new people? Because Goku and Vegeta are dead? Because Gogeta look cool with a halo?

Chapter: 469 (DBZ 275), P6.1-7
Context: after Goku laments that Gohan and Vegeta are dead
Goku: “I coulda used Fusion…”
Dende: “Fusion…! Merging together, right? That’s the specialty art of the people of Planet Metamor!”
Goku: “So you know about it, Dende…! That’s right, some people from Metamor who I met in the afterlife taught me that art…It’s a merging technique which can only be performed if two people are fairly close in both power and body size…In other words, by having two people merge into one, they’re able to become a single, new human with amazing power which either of them on their own absolutely wouldn’t be capable of. It really is incredible! Those two from Metamor were completely weak and gentle on their own, but by using Fusion they transformed into a substantial warrior! [ ] …I was just taught the art, but I ain’t never tested it out…There wasn’t anybody on par with me in the afterlife…”

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
As Fearless said, both the fusees were dead. Gogeta may be a separate entity, but he still takes on the physical characteristics of those who created him like all fusions and when both of them have a halo, it seems like a no brainer.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
Agreed with the above, Goku and Vegeta are dead so Gogeta was dead. Now here's the REAL question:

What is Vegetto? Goku was alive, but Vegeta wasn't so what does that make him?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
What is Vegetto? Goku was alive, but Vegeta wasn't so what does that make him?
Schrodinger's Saiyan.

Seriously though, the lack of a halo would suggest he's alive.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It's stated he's alive. They were able to bypass Vegeta's 1 day limit while fused.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.