Why is harassment so common in DB Communities like Kanzenshuu

EGHfan

Whether is GT fans vs non-fans, dub vs sub, old vs new, dub 1 vs dub 2, at some point threads devolve into pettiness and arguing. We're all fans of the same series no matter what form we like it in. I noticed fans of GT and the old dub in general getting victimized.

Youtube will always be bad but Kanzenshuu is supposed to be better than this, if people see this going on in an official DB site what does it say about the community?

Cyberbullying is defined by the use of cell phones, instant messaging, e-mail, chat rooms or social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to harass, threaten or intimidate someone. Ganging up on someone who doesn't share a mob mentality and scaring them into not posting an unpopular opinion counts as harassment.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Kanzenshuu is an elitist forum. YouTube, even if some of the beliefs might not be the most right, at-least seem to be good to others from what I've seen. You could have seen something, I haven't seen, though.

But Kanzenshuu, as a forum, kind-of sucks.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Honestly a lot of DB forums have a lot of individuals that seem to have superiority complexes for whatever reason, and moderation/staff of these sites don't do a good enough job of policing it. Everyone is free to have an opinion on something, but when it becomes an elitist atmosphere on the site, that's when there is a problem.

EGHfan

I didn't see anything on Youtube but the comments section almost always sucks so there might be something there. But yeah I'm glad someone else agrees with me on Kanzenshuu! It's the biggest reason why I didn't sign up there, I can't mingle with elitist snobs.

EGHfan

The staff only seem to do a good job keeping things in check when it's a rabid dub fan hating on the Japanese version which is just bias on their part.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
When it comes to the Dragonball community, you are not free to have your own opinion if it deviates from the common norm.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Pretty much every forum has it's only little clique with a superiority complex.

Hell you're guilty of it here. There's a "greatest debators" thread that circle jerks the same 5-10 people from just a couple of forums from a very small time period.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Tosh said:
When it comes to the Dragonball community, you are not free to have your own opinion if it deviates from the common norm.
Sometimes, being rude at the same time, doesn't help either. :wat :wat :wat

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
I'm only rude because I'm not allowed to have my own opinion and typically get harassed first, although there are many occasions where I don't and I just flat out act rude, only because I've complete respect for whoever the comments were directed at, or their attitude in general just sucks.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
I'm only rude because I'm not allowed to have my own opinion and typically get harassed first, although there are many occasions where I don't and I just flat out act rude, only because I've complete respect for whoever the comments were directed at, or their attitude in general just sucks.
You once made a thread where you said Ultimate-Gohan or something (without fan-wank) or something, and that was without any provocation.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:
You once made a thread where you said Ultimate-Gohan or something (without fan-wank) or something, and that was without any provocation.
Why not? Someone made a thread called 'Gokuism' and that isn't looked down upon.

As long as the statement in general isn't directed anybody, there should be no reason for having said it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
Why not? Someone made a thread called 'Gokuism' and that isn't looked down upon.

As long as the statement in general isn't directed anybody, there should be no reason for having said it.
It sure seems like you don't think much of people who think Ultimate-Gohan, rightfully, is way higher than Goku.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:

It sure seems like you don't think much of people who think Ultimate-Gohan, rightfully, is way higher than Goku.
Current Toriyama disagrees with you. I respect everyone's opinion and don't really give a shit if someone thinks that.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:

Current Toriyama disagrees with you. I respect everyone's opinion and don't really give a shit if someone thinks that.
Current AT disagrees with Old AT. :troll :troll :troll

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:
He reread the entire Japanese Manga, scripted the plot for Battle of Gods, tossed in implications and finally, Super retold that plot.

So please just stop.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Tosh said:
2kewl4u said:
Tosh said:
He reread the entire Japanese Manga, scripted the plot for Battle of Gods, tossed in implications and finally, Super retold that plot.

So please just stop.
Yeah, he changed his thoughts on the matters, and didn't bother to make much sense so he made it seem as if it was always that way. :troll :troll :troll

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
This topic is getting derailed, so let's end this here and get back on topic.

KG21

Low Class Warrior
Well on Kanzenshuu the main focus is the JPN version, so it makes sense that they be "elitist". YouTube is the pits, however, no matter what duby ou like someone is going be an asshat.

Also I came from Kanzenshuu so :fuckyou guys, naw I'm kidding

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I do think the Japanese version is better, but I never saw the need to be elitist about which version of a kids' show you like. Maybe on occasion if they stubbornly insist on using dub lines, but eh.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
CBF reading the whole thread.

Some people (probably most) have an elitist outlook, and others act elitist to fit in. It's all stupid, really. Kanzenshuu is an elitist forum no doubt, as 2kewl has said.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.