Why is Vegeta more meticulous and then more arrogant?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Because of SSJ. Even on Namek he was acting tough when he believed himself to be a SSJ.

Also doesn’t help that Cell and androids either had unknown power (18, Perfect Cell) or were flat out weak (19, Semi Cell).

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
To put it simply: power.

Vegeta knew he was at the bottom of the food chain on Namek and had to act accordingly. He knew he was never going to beat Freeza by fighting head on so we saw a more tactical side to him.

We saw his arrogance start to show itself when he believed he had become a Super Saiyan. He went from cautious optimism about their chances against Freeza to being in a state of pure delusion. This arrogance only increased in the Cell arc when he actually had the power to back it up.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
Because he became obsessed with beating Goku after finding out he did what he couldn't by turning Super Saiyan and defeating Freeza

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
He's the prince of all saiyans which is described as a prideful race, that's why he is like that.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I kind of feel like he was meticulous on Namek because he knew that he was overpowered, but also felt confident that he would do certain things to overcome in the end. It looks like in the heat of battle, he becomes sloppy and goes ballistic if he's getting beaten when he doesn't think he should be.

He was trying to convince himself that he could beat Goku on Earth. Then, on Namek, he started falling apart when Freeza was whooping on him and he knew he had nowhere to go. He kept trying to convince himself that he was a Super Saiyan. And then, of course, against Cell.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I liked Saiyan and Freeza Saga Vegeta more than Cell and Boo Saga Vegeta. I can see why some fans prefer Vegeta having died on Namek rather than getting revived.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
He should have just been killed by Goku in the Saiyan arc like Toriyama originally intended

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o