Xenoverse 2

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
For those of you who have it, is it fun? I have a $50 Amazon card that I may spend to get it for my Switch, but only if it's worth.

Keedounan

Elite
SSJ2 said:
For those of you who have it, is it fun? I have a $50 Amazon card that I may spend to get it for my Switch, but only if it's worth.

I'd suggest you save those for FighterZ or another game.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It's leagues better than the first XV game, but that's not saying a lot. It has some fun aspects to it such as the great graphics, character customisation and it's own original (though poorly written) story, but it gets repetitive after you've completed the story and still suffers from the RNG problem as the first game. 'Member when DB games allowed you to unlock items just for fulfilling a requirement rather than making you grind to the extreme?

Bottom line is, I'd agree with Keedounan that it's probably not the best investment unless there's a really cheap offer for it.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
It's leagues better than the first XV game, but that's not saying a lot. It has some fun aspects to it such as the great graphics, character customisation and it's own original (though poorly written) story, but it gets repetitive after you've completed the story and still suffers from the RNG problem as the first game. 'Member when DB games allowed you to unlock items just for fulfilling a requirement rather than making you grind to the extreme?

Bottom line is, I'd agree with Keedounan that it's probably not the best investment unless there's a really cheap offer for it.

to be honest,RNG in this game is 100X better than in the last.in Xenoverse 1 i had to do a mission countless of times to get those rewards while in this one just 2 or three tiems

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What would you guys say the gameplay is most similar to? In terms of other DBZ games that is.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
KyuubiAhri said:
to be honest,RNG in this game is 100X better than in the last.in Xenoverse 1 i had to do a mission countless of times to get those rewards while in this one just 2 or three tiems
That's still saying that one turd smells better than another. The RNG system is still shit in the end, especially when most of the time-consuming, annoying 6-7 Star missions are ones you'd rather not do over and over again.

SSJ2 said:
What would you guys say the gameplay is most similar to? In terms of other DBZ games that is.
Xenoverse 1 :manabu

Seriously though, it can be considered akin to Budokai's controls and Tenkaichi/Raging Blast's camera angles, but that comparison is loose at best. I'd say it's still inferior as a whole to the best of those titles such as Budokai 3, BT3 and Raging Blast 2.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Galu looks autistic as fuck on the cover of the game.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Got the game for $12. Can't complain too much about that.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
My copy arrived today. Gonna try it out tonight.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
KyuubiAhri said:
That's still saying that one turd smells better than another. The RNG system is still shit in the end, especially when most of the time-consuming, annoying 6-7 Star missions are ones you'd rather not do over and over again.

SSJ2 said:
Xenoverse 1 :manabu

Seriously though, it can be considered akin to Budokai's controls and Tenkaichi/Raging Blast's camera angles, but that comparison is loose at best. I'd say it's still inferior as a whole to the best of those titles such as Budokai 3, BT3 and Raging Blast 2.
i also forgot to mention that Parralel quest are much less annoying in xenoverse 2.
In xenoverse 1 when you attack one enemy,they others will throw ki blasts at you and interrupt you (so annoying) while in xenvoerse 2 it rarely happens.
And xenvoerse 2 actually has training mode

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I made a Saiyan. I admit, the customization is cool. I made my guy exactly like my avatar, black suit and all.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'd have probably recommended a Majin if you're going to try and complete all the parallel quests, since they can heal themselves through the move "Quick Sleep", meaning you don't need to waste as much money on healing capsules. Saiyan is probably the best if you're just wanting to deal massive damage fast though.

Btw, did you play Xenoverse 1?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
No, I haven't played a DB game since UT.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Ah. It would've been easier if you had, even if it were just enough to create a Save File, since you can transfer over your equipment and super attacks from your previous character and get 100 TP medals for doing so. Best to save up the medals you get from Parallel Quests to buy Super Vanishing Ball then. That move makes the game a lot easier.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I couldn't even figure out how to get into a battle in the main city lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
So I nearly just got raped by the Majin Boo lookalike Oscar in the tutorial. :facepalm

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Getting absolutely mucked by the second level Krillin training challenge lmao. My brain is either just too slow for a fighting game now, or this game is hard. I'm thinking it's the former lol.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Is it the one where you fight against both him and Yamcha? That one can be fairly difficult if you're less than level 12, though I'd still say the former's a major factor lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
No it wasn't, but I think I'm only level 6.