Xenoverse 2

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The game is sweet when you switch to the Japanese dialogue. Is there any way to change your character's voice or is it permanent?

Als any beginner tips? I seem to be struggling with basic blocking and evasion. I have it set up so B is both guard and teleport to the other side of he enemy if they're locked onto me, but I'm still taking so much damage.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Character voice is permanent unless you use the Dragon Balls to change it iirc (and why do that when you need them to unlock a few secret characters?)

You can counter evading opponents by aiming the analogue stick down whilst attacking if you time it right. Also, find a solid damage dealing combo and spam it to death if the opponent becomes too irritating (which I assure you they will be in the last level of the main story). My personal advice would be to save up your TP Medals until you can unlock Super Vanishing Ball and use it every time your opponent is far away for you to hit them with it. It works best if the knock them down into the ground and launch it immediately afterwards, since the AI will just ascend into the blast 90% of the time. Also, once you beat either the Saiyan or Namek Arc (depending on whether you choose the "Earth's History" or "Planet Namek's History" when Elder Kaioshin asks you), you'll gain access to the Time Rifts. Making sure to do the Guru House side quests whenever possible is a good way of levelling up fast, though they can be very difficult if you're not used to the game yet or don't have a good moveset.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Thanks for those tips my man. :sure

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Jesus, some of the combos in the training are hard to pull off. I can't seem to do the final one in "Knock 'Em Down" Advanced. As soon as I get to the final attack on the combo, fucking Piccolo gets out of the attack and I have to start over. Fuck off Piccolo.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
SSJ2 said:
Jesus, some of the combos in the training are hard to pull off. I can't seem to do the final one in "Knock 'Em Down" Advanced. As soon as I get to the final attack on the combo, fucking Piccolo gets out of the attack and I have to start over. Fuck off Piccolo.
Yeah, unless you're going for achievement/trophy hunting the more challenging tutorials are basically pointless. It's very rare that most stuff beyond the basics will be of much use unless you're trying to play competitively online.