10x Boost

PFM18

Gero being the foundation of your argument is problematic for two main reasons:

A) The inner workings of his absorption method are kind of a grey area, because although he absorbed ki from some of the Z Fighters, it's channelled through his mechanical energy source. So we're dealing with an energy system with undefined boundaries (excluding our knowledge that it's not an infinite energy type), and a situation that never even came into actuality (i.e. Gero not getting the chance to absorb all of them and for us to judge the resulting power-up).

B) His calculations were often proven wrong, both due to his overconfidence and lack of awareness. With that in mind, why does the 50x boost have to be what's at fault, and not Gero himself? There doesn't seem to be any merit in targeting Super Saiyan itself, while Gero saying something questionable or inaccurate falls in-line with how his character was portrayed on a regular basis.

It's also worth noting that although Gero turned out to be inferior to Piccolo and Vegeta, the extent of the difference isn't set in stone. So throwing around the term 'impossible' as if you have the blueprint to Gero's scaling seems far too assumptive.
He plays VERY fast and loose with the word "contradiction"

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
I think the 10x multiplier fits the story better and he did acknowledge it to some capacity which is why I stick with it. Ultimately, I don't really think he had a strict multiplier in mind when he wrote Z.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
I think the 10x multiplier fits the story better and he did acknowledge it to some capacity which is why I stick with it. Ultimately, I don't really think he had a strict multiplier in mind when he wrote Z.
It won't work. It only seems to work in a few sagas, but you seem to be unwilling to explore this truth.

The multiplier in the Androids saga def appears to be 10x. But the CG and Buu Saga, absolutely won't work.

The Rosat won't work either. It flat out doesn't work.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
It won't work. It only seems to work in a few sagas, but you seem to be unwilling to explore this truth.

The multiplier in the Androids saga def appears to be 10x. But the CG and Buu Saga, absolutely won't work.

The Rosat won't work either. It flat out doesn't work.
That's true. The kids aren't too far apart from Android 18 but they're also not too far removed from the adults. With Grade 3 Trunks already easily being >10x stronger than Android 18, it makes it impossible to stick with a 10x multiplier.

After many years, I'll have to give it up. I'm not sure what to make of the whole Androids situation without it.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
SSJ = x50
MSSJ/FPSSJ = x10

I'm starting to like these boosts.

Latest profile posts

If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o