All hail MAXIMUM Broly: Bringer of Salt

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Thought DBH was the first time Broly's power had been unreasonably haxed? Think again.

Quote from an interview with Takao Koyama about the Movies, when asked "Why did Broli come back three times?"

Because he’s the strongest. (laughs) Even including the TV anime, nobody exists in the world who’s stronger than Broli. I mean, even Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans, was trembling in fear. (laughs) I felt that there’s no way that kind of mightiest being would die in a single outing. After all, there were kids who cried at Broli’s overwhelming strength when they saw Burn Up!! at Shueisha’s preview screening. (laughs) It’s always difficult coming up with an enemy for Goku, because I’d constantly have to escalate their strength. So, he ended up appearing three times.
This is true of Broli as well, but Goku & co. are always fighting against “an unbeatable foe”. Goku must win against such an enemy, so he has no choice but to defeat him when his enemy becomes overconfident and creates an opening. There’s absolutely no way he’d be able to win against someone like Broli if he used more orthodox methods. (laughs)

Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-box-the-movies-dragonbook-theatrical-story-qa-takao-koyama/

So, by Koyama's account, Broly is stronger than anyone in the TV Anime, possibly including GT given the interview was from 2006. He also uses Broly of all people as a benchmark to hype up Beerus.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/takao-koyama-battle-of-gods-blog-post/

After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times.
That is to say, there’s the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites.

For this time, Goku’s opponent, designed by Toriyama-sensei, was even a God of Destruction.
In the world of Dragon Ball Z, that’s a setting where even Broli, before the God of Destruction, would face a gap like that between a Yokozuna and the very bottom of the sumo ranks. That Broli, reduced to a pushover.

In Koyama's mind, Broly really is MAXIMUM :pakl :troll

Oh, but the Broly fapping in official material doesn't just stop with Koyama. There's also this quote from Broly's character bio in the first Budokai Tenkaichi game.

Including his "Bio-Broly" appearance, Broly is the greatest, most powerful adversary with the most movie appearances.

The game features Super #17 as playable and references Yi Xing Long in SS4 Gogeta's profile, who's stated to be the ultimate warrior in this game and capable of finger flicking even the strongest of enemies, so as far as this game's concerned, SS4 Gogeta >> :pakl > Super Yi Xing Long.

When the staff let go of all logic and let their fanboyism flow, Broly's power really is MAXIMUM.
:pakl :pakl :pakl

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I see SSJ2 Gohan in M10 was affected by a "MY VIDEL!!" hax when he managed to land an actual hit on lord :pakl :pakl :pakl-sama

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Idea of Gaslight said:
I see SSJ2 Gohan in M10 was affected by a "MY VIDEL!!" hax when he managed to land an actual hit on lord :pakl :pakl :pakl-sama
He continued training in this timeline, so he probably made ToP GAINZ. :troll2

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
He's even conquered the gender spectrum after being reincarnated as Kale. :donovan

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
Idea of Gaslight said:
He continued training in this timeline, so he probably made ToP GAINZ. :troll2

Gohan in M10 >>> GT

He was probably an enhanced SSJ2 like Trunks, and on top of that got so high in base his SSJ1 multiplier was negligible enough that it wasn't even worth using similar to SSJ2 in GT :donovan :donovan

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Android 17 said:
He's even conquered the gender spectrum after being reincarnated as Kale. :donovan

Once a homo always a homo, just of a different stripe :donovan :donovan

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Why does Koyama like Broli? He is one of the worst characters in the franchise

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Pakl said:
Why does Koyama like Broli? He is one of the worst characters in the franchise

He's big and he smashes stuff.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
He smashes small Japanese booties.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.