Which one?

• Baby

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Omega Shenron

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Villain that comes to mind if you think about GT?

Edit: In terms if premise or concept of the story? Forget about the execution. :CC

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Definitely Baby. The Shadow Dragons as a whole were pure trash, but Super Yi Xing Long took things to the next level of boring.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
As far as iconography, probably Yi Xing Long. His role as the Dragon Balls becoming the obstacle of the heroes instead of their greatest asset was a great concept that helps make the Evil Dragons a better idea for a final villain than Baby, given how it ties around the history of the whole series rather than just Z era events as Baby would.
In terms of who was better written, it would definitely be Baby though. Despite being ruined by his mind control making the conflict hollow, Baby's motivations were at least unique enough to stand on his own, whereas Yi Xing Long was a cardboard cutout villain beyond his design.

Pocket-God

Elite
Out of these two, it's Bebi. I think for me he comes to mind before Omega because he was the first major bad guy in GT.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Pocket-God said:
Out of these two, it's Bebi. I think for me he comes to mind before Omega because he was the first major bad guy in GT.

Not only that, but he’s a much more memorable character compared to Yi Xing Long.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Going with Baby on this one. Although Omega had an association with the Dragon Balls, individually he was rather bland, and his power was practically the only thing that stood out about him. The concept of the Shadow Dragons and the consequences of misusing the Dragon Balls is interesting, but had plenty of room for improvement as far as the actual implementation. Although Baby isn't as connected to the series as a whole, his creation and goal still has substantial relevance through Saiyan-Tuffle history. Furthermore, Baby's craftiness and manipulation made him more engaging to watch, and his arc also marked the debut of Super Saiyan 4 which became integral to the series from then till the end. As far as battles, Baby also takes the cake since his final battle with Goku had some pretty good sequences and extended beyond brute force with Goku's use of psychological tactics. In contrast, Omega was either stomping his opponents or being the one getting stomped.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Undoubtedly Baby. He was unique in both skill set and look. Yi Xing Long is just OP and not even in the way Majin Boo was, which makes him bland to me; dude is only remembered for fighting SS4 Gogeta and dying to the Universal Genki-Dama.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Still Baby. He had a more interesting concept and story. The use of the Dragon Balls as the ultimate enemy was neat, but too little too late.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Now that we're talking about premise, I'd probably side fully with Yi Xing Long. As already mentioned, the Dragon Balls being the final enemy was a nice way of bringing the series full circle and hadn't been done before, whereas Baby's premise was one already done with Hatchiyack and the Tsufurian lineage part of it wasn't introduced until his execution of just possessing people into being mind controlled slaves had already made the conflict against him hollow.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I'd still go with Baby as far as premise. Baby sneakily working his way up the pecking order is significantly more gripping than Syn simply absorbing the DBs for a mega power-up. The idea of consequences coming with using Dragon Balls is intriguing, but not something that was entirely foreign to the series considering this path was taken with the Black Star Dragon Balls. A Saiyan-Tuffle storyline was explored with the Hatchiyack OVA, but it was hardly memorable and Hatchiyack was even more dull than Omega.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I completely forgot about the Truffleshuffle background in the Hatchyak movie. Wow. No wonder I sided with Baby.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.