Best or favourite powering-up sequences in the anime?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Unlike DragonBall Super, DragonBall Z had tons of great powering-up sequences. Which ones were your favourites or thought were the best? This doesn't only go for transformations. Ginyu powering-up in Goku with the golden aura surrounding him or Goku powering-up for Ginyu or Goku powering-up for Nappa and Vegeta or Goku powering-up to Kaio-Ken x3 against Vegeta and so-on also count.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyJsGKE9SoI

I like this one because of how the scene is colored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8WAhJQrfVo

This one's also neat because of his aura.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
4. Goku's Kaioken to 180,000 vs Ginyu
3. MSSJ Goku's 50% on Karin tower
2. Perfect Cell goes Full Power
1. SSJ3 Goku vs Fat Buu

Kamiccolo's power up vs #17 and Vegeta's post Dende zenkai power up also deserve honorable mentions.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Goku going even further beyond. One of the handful of pre-BoG scenes that was better in the dub.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Trunks beefing up for USSJ. He looked jacked af and it was the first time I actually thought a character was going to explode from too much power.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Goku going even further beyond. One of the handful of pre-BoG scenes that was better in the dub.
I agree its the best and most beast power up in the series. Though I'm not sure if his movie 12 power up isn't better.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Movie 12 is like the abridged version, l0l. And an abridged version is almost never better than the original.

That being said I didn't like Super-Saiyan 3.

Victorious

Mid Class Warrior
I'll say this one is pretty under rated..sounds really good with the Faulconer track.

Pretty important in the story as It's the first time we see a even high tier SSJ2 just totally eclipsed. Needed a good power up sequence.

[youtube]U4AkVGd3rzg[/youtube]

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
2kewl4u said:
withheldforprivacy said:
Vegeta vs 4th Form Freeza
Quite good, IIRC.
Yeah it looked quite good visually, with the blue orb aura surrounding him and transitioning into yellow sparks. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but you can actually see quite an unusual change in environment during the sequence, with the most striking difference being the virtual looking floor. It appears to be symbolisation of his power being in a different dimension to what it was before.

3YIObA2.png

Zippy

Super Elite
I liked frieza going 50% even thought it was silent that shit got me goosebumps the first time

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.