Best written movie villain?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Not counting Beerus since he wasn't really a "villain" per se, which villain would you say was the best, or least worst, out of the 1-dimensional baddies who've had their 40-60 minutes of fame?

I'd probably say Garlic Jr. His goal being to avenge his father and gain what he believed his father deserved made him somewhat more sympathetic than the other villains. Too bad the post-Freeza filler ruined any positive traits he had by making his master plan mind control and him being less concerned about reviving his father with the Dragon Balls.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Is it really fitting to say “best written” out of this horrific set of villains? :ladd

I haven’t seen all of the films, but I guess I’ll pick Super Janemba because he didn’t say a single word. :king

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Saiyan said:
Is it really fitting to say “best written” out of this horrific set of villains? :ladd
Hence why I also said "or least worst" in the OP. :mikey

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
In my factually correct opinion, they are all equally bad.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
All movie villains are equally bad, but some (ie. Mr. KAKAROTTO! :pakl) are more equally bad than others. :manabu

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Kinda, though not much of a unique goal when all old generation Saiyans have the goal of killing people and becoming stronger. Might as well have had Resurrection Chaditz as a film.

...Actually, that's a pretty good idea. Surprised the masterpiece that is Super hasn't done so yet.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
The answer is always going to be Hirudegarn, if only due to the lore.

That movie is the only piece of DB media that deviated from the "dumb fun with no lore" format, and the only thing that ever made DBZ even briefly seem like a complex series with deep lore.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Tapion said:
The answer is always going to be Hirudegarn, if only due to the lore.

That movie is the only piece of DB media that deviated from the "dumb fun with no lore" format, and the only thing that ever made DBZ even briefly seem like a complex series with deep lore.
I'd almost agree with you if not for one crucial detail - How did Shin know nothing about this? Sure, he's one of the most incompetent characters in the series and had no idea about someone like Cell existing on Earth, but I think knowledge of some demonic giant with magical abilities that make Babidi look like some third-rate rabbit in the hat act who's power in his base state alone is on par with the strongest version of Boo at that point wouldn't fall under Shin's radar, regardless of how short the conflict was.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
I'd almost agree with you if not for one crucial detail - How did Shin know nothing about this? Sure, he's one of the most incompetent characters in the series and had no idea about someone like Cell existing on Earth, but I think knowledge of some demonic giant with magical abilities that make Babidi look like some third-rate rabbit in the hat act who's power in his base state alone is on par with the strongest version of Boo at that point wouldn't fall under Shin's radar, regardless of how short the conflict was.

Shin's sheer incompetence aside, the movie clarifies that the Hirudegarn war was limited to a singular planet. It wasn't wide-scale destruction like it was with Boo. The only reason the Kaioshin ever assembled to stop Boo's rampage was because he was destroying the universe.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Remember when it was said that Boo destroyed hundreds of planets? Then remember Moro saying life has spread throughout the universe because there's only 28 planets? :troll2

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Kenshi said:
Life has spread throughout the universe because there's only 28 planets? :troll2

That line is bullshit and anyone who takes it into account should be exempt from the right to life.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Going with Coola here. Trying to avenge his brother who probably wouldn’t give a shit if he died makes him a bit of a nice character. Also, more from Freeza’s race.

Keedounan

Elite
Cooler honestly didn't give a damn about his brother. He just thought Freeza losing to Goku brought shame to his family, and he fights him to restore its honor.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Keedounan said:
Cooler honestly didn't give a damn about his brother. He just thought Freeza losing to Goku brought shame to his family, and he fights him to restore its honor.
Not to mention that in terms of personality, he's just Freeza if you take away details such as feigned flattery to those below him or the more childish elements that show him as the product of being spoiled by his "papa". In other words, Freeza if you took away everything that makes him unique.

I mean, Coola did have a more vocal opinion on living by Darwin's law, but a strong villain that lives by survival of the fittest is about as unique as an "It's Over 9000" joke.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.