Boohan vs Pure Boo

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The majority of the fandom will have your head for that statement.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Super Boo is stronger than Kid Boo in the Manga without a shadow of a doubt. The same goes for Kid Boo absolutely being stronger than Super Boo in the Anime too.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
I agree, pretty much. It makes 0 sense within the story. The only reason this is considered a debate is because of scans like this:

And a Toriyama interview:

1. Bad sources. Seriously, the funimation flavour text on the back of a cd case isn't more reliable than a source like the Daizenshuu, which has this:
So Bootenks > All Boo's from the past (Pure Boo).

Or EML with this:
2. Taking Toriyama's words far too literally. All he's sayin is that he subverts the big strongman trope with his characters a lot.

The only scan I've seen that actually some merit is this one (because it's actually from a valid source): This is the only reason I have any doubt on Boohan > Pure Boo, it says Pure Boo is Goku's fellow strongest. Honestly not sure how you'd argue against it.
There is also Vjump stating Buuhan or Ultimate Gohan=SSJ3 Goku

Warrior_of_Mite

Buuhan > Kid Buu

Feats > Statements

The only reason there is an argument is because of statements that imply Kid Buu is stronger. However, they are contradicted by feats that show us that Buuhan is clearly stronger.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Buuhan > Kid Buu

Feats > Statements

The only reason there is an argument is because of statements that imply Kid Buu is stronger. However, they are contradicted by feats that show us that Buuhan is clearly stronger.

To be fair, they have the same feats: Beating Goku and Vegeta.

Warrior_of_Mite

To be fair, they have the same feats: Beating Goku and Vegeta.
But not under the same context.

Goku chose to 1v1 Kid Buu and says he could beat him if he hadn't dragged out the fight. Meanwhile, the same Goku didn't want anything to do with the Super Buu variants. Both may have beat Goku/Vegeta but Buuhan straight up turned Goku to looking for a plan and more power versus just wanting to fight Kid Buu. He even had the option to be Vegito again, and declined vs Kid Buu. If Buuhan was weaker, Goku should have been able to fight him even better than he did versus Kid Buu 1v1 but he chose not to, and when faced with Buuhan, Goku was so desperate to fuse he even contemplated fusing with Mr Satan. Against Buuhan, Goku was desperate and was willing to do whatever he needed to, to win. Versus Kid Buu, he had more options, including Vegito, and chose to skip all of them for a 1v1 he thought he could win. It's very cut and dry to me.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
That's not referring to Kid Buu lmao. Kid Buu wouldn't be able to understand any feelings. It's referring to people like Gohan and Vegeta.
He is able to tell when someone is getting hurt and enjoy himself such as when he tortured Vegeta or was taking his time with Good Buu. He also responded with an huge energy ball during the incident of Earth, so yes, he is a psycopath and a maniac.

Eu sou Perfeito

There are a few statements which suggest that even base Super Boo is superior to SSj3 Goku, who is a peer to Pure Boo. Such as:

Chapter: 498 (DBZ 304), P2.3-4
Boo: “Far, far, waa~~aay far away, I felt a strong power…I won’t allow anyone to have a power stronger than mine…”

Super Boo has Fat Boo's memories and remembers his fight with SSj3 Goku, yet only shows concern about being surpassed once he senses Gohan's power. Not to mention this statement:

Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P12.4-5
Context: after Goku and Vegeta revert Boo back to regular evil Boo
Goku: “Hehhe~~eh! With this, Boo’s power should have fallen significantly! We’re almost there! See, see: the size of his ki is completely different than before!”
Vegeta: “Alright! Let’s blast out of here and escape!”
Goku: “Wait! Even though Boo has returned to normal a whole lot, we’re still simply no match for his strength! If we go outside like this, we’ll definitely be done in…!”

And even if you want to argue that Goku didn't want to hurt Vegeta's pride by using SSj3, Boo himself shows complete confidence in taking on both Vegeta and Goku even while knowing about Goku's SSj3:

Chapter: 507 (DBZ 313), P4.2-4, P6.3-6
Context: as Goku and Vegeta are attacked by evil Boo
Goku: “Alrii—iight! Come at me if you’re gonna. I’ll open up a huge hole inside your body! *Boo smiles* Wh-what are you smiling about?...Do you think I can’t open one?”
Boo: “It’s no use.”
Goku: “Don’t underestimate me.”
*Goku blasts, not much happens*
Goku: “…”
Vegeta: “…It di-didn’t have any effect…”
Boo: “It stung a little here *points at head*, that’s all. You guys are now far, far smaller than fleas.”
Goku: “…So we’ve got no choice but to defeat you and then search for an exit somewhere.”
Boo: “No, you can’t defeat me. Not the way you guys are now…You’re gonna die, not me…”

Now I suppose you could argue that Pure Boo was holding back against Goku and his true power is greater than Super Boo's, but Goku being able to wipe out Pure Boo with a minute of charge time is never outright contradicted, and thus it's debatable whether or not a full power Pure Boo would really be able to fight against Super Boo. At the very least, Super Boo > SSj3 Goku should be pretty set in stone, and thus the answer to the question in this thread comes down to whether or not you consider SSj3 Goku to actually be on par with Pure Boo or not.

Your analysis is cool, but you forgot one small detail: Fat Buu had no knowledge of the real extent of Goku SSJ3's power.
Capitulo_476.jpg

Last edited:

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Are we seriously using Funimation-only sources as if they mean anything?

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.