Broly vs Movie villains

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
What you guys make of Koyama implying Broly is the strongest of the Z movies and perhaps the whole Z series? Is it accurate?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Broly is MAXIMUM, so obviously. :pakl

In all seriousness though, this is at odds with Koyama's other statement about each movie villain Goku fought being stronger than the last, which should make Broly weaker than Janemba by default. I'd say this ought to be the one given precedence as evidence seeing as how its delivered as more of an objective analysis, whereas Koyama's comments about Broly's power tend to always have an emotionally-driven undertone about them such as him saying he "felt" Broly was the strongest Saiyan, with it seeming more like he's showing pride in what's essentially his golden goose rather than giving definitive answers.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Koyama’s statement also has his flat out saying Broly is the exception though. But he did say it was the villains Goku fights, and the “rut” he fell that had Broly return twice featured the weaker boys in the cast. So it probably doesn’t apply to Hildegarn or Janemba.

Well that other statement was some tongue in check stuff that he bursts in laughter while saying Broly is so strong kids were crying at the premiere.

Problem is… We have nothing else to go by. Koyama said that as a joke, but what else we have to go with? It’s doubtful the movies even take place in the same continuity.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Koyama’s statement also has his flat out saying Broly is the exception though. But he did say it was the villains Goku fights, and the “rut” he fell that had Broly return twice featured the weaker boys in the cast. So it probably doesn’t apply to Hildegarn or Janemba.
It’s doubtful the movies even take place in the same continuity.
Though Goku didn't fight him onscreen, we know from the end of Movie 11 he went to fight him in Hell with Paikuhan and didn't seem lacking in confidence at doing so, yet then stated in Movie 12 only Janemba and Boo had pushed him to using SS3. You could argue that they're in separate timelines, but that is fairly assumptive and we know some iteration of Movie 8 took place in Movie 12's timeline due to Paragus' cameo.

Problem is… We have nothing else to go by. Koyama said that as a joke, but what else we have to go with?
As I said, there is the Movie 11 epilogue to go off. With statements that hold the tone of a joke, it's highly likely for them to be contradicted. For example, we have Toriyama jokingly saying he doubts Mr. Satan could beat Bob Sapp, yet some of Satan's feats such as being able to react to and dodge a missile aimed at him and have the speed to cover the distance between Boo's house and the cliff in what seemed to be a matter of seconds makes that difficult to verify.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Depends. M10 Broli > Bojack > M8 Broli is obvious.

Koyama obviously bluffs.When he was asked why Broli appeared three times he said that becasuse he is the strongest with laughs as mark. Then he said no one on the TV series can beat him. That's just him being biased about his creation. I wanna treat a point though.

People seem to say Bojack is not necessarily included in the statement of new movie villians are stronger because he never fought Goku and because Koyama mentions Goku's name as an obvious general way to talk about the movies overall.

Look at the context of his statement.

"In handling the scripts for the films, what I always worried about each time was the problem of what to do about the opponent Goku fights against. That’s because, at the very least, they had to be stronger than [the ones from] the previous movie."

Look at the bold part. Koyama says the next villian HAD TO BE STRONGER. Now, why does he say the villaib had to be stronger?

For the sake of it, we will compare it to villians Goku fights

Why does Doctor Uiru have to be stronger than Garlic Jr?

Simple, because Uiru fights stronger Zfighters and a stronger Goku

Why does Tullece have to be stronger than Uiru?

Because Tullece fights stronger Z warriors and a stronger Goku

Why does Bojack have to be stronger than M8 Broli?

Because he fights stronger Z fighters than Broli did

See it now? mentioning Goku is just in a general way because he appears in mpst of the movies and the main hero.. But the reason of why Bojack is stronger than M8 Broli is no different than the reason of why Tullece is stronger than Uiru or Uiru is strongee than Garlic Jr. The reason is the Z fighters strength which increase in every arc and not Goku himself. That does not even make sense going by context.

By the way, he seems to forget that Bojack existed in between.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How strong even is Bojack? I've never seen M9.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Super Saiyan said:

He bodies almost everyone in his blue form but struggles with SSJ Gohan in his Hulk form a bit and relies on his goons IIRC. I think he’s pretty weak. He also gets budged by Goku or Piccolo who did jack to Broly the entire Movie 8.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
He also gets budged by Goku or Piccolo who did jack to Broly the entire Movie 8.
Tbf, Galu hit him with an off-guard punch, same as Piccolo's kick to 50% Freeza. Don't remember Piccolo budging him, with Piccolo being quickly beaten by Base Bojack.

Pakl2

Yo, it's me Pakl. My account got locked and I don't remember my password.

SSJ2, help me.

Pakl2

GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Super Saiyan said:

He bodies almost everyone in his blue form but struggles with SSJ Gohan in his Hulk form a bit and relies on his goons IIRC. I think he’s pretty weak. He also gets budged by Goku or Piccolo who did jack to Broly the entire Movie 8.
Bro what the hell hapenned to you? You used to realize that Broly from Burn Up is nothing to Cell.

On topic, what movie were you watching?

Blue Bojack was absolutely beating Piccolo and Vegeta. He basically one shotted Piccolo with a regular blast. He stomped Vegeta so hard that he went back to his base form from physical hits.

He was not struggling with Gohan at all. He was toying with him laughing all the time. If Base Bojack is already at the level of Cell who fought Goku Gohan, then Super Bojack is obviously way ahead of SSjin Gohan. once Bojack went serious, he showed he is quite a power house considering the fact that he was able to clash with Gohan with his Galactic Buster.

Base Goku Hit him with an off guard punch. That's something that always happens in DBZ and besides, Goku was in his base form lol.

What's your point in comparing it to Broli?

If you want a direct comparasion then, Broli blasted Piccolo and Piccolo was still able to stand up afterwards while with Bojack, he was finished in one blast. Not to mention Movie 9 Piccolo is based on his Anime Cell Games self who was not far from CG Vegeta and Trunks while M8 Piccolo is weaker than M8 Vegeta and Trunks who are 1st Post ASSjins

I hope your comment is a troll one.

You don't have to smart to understand that Movie 9 is a parallel to the CG and that Blue Bojack is around Cell when he fought Goku and Gohan while Green Bojack is around FP Cell

Pakl2

Captain Cadaver said:
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
He also gets budged by Goku or Piccolo who did jack to Broly the entire Movie 8.
Tbf, Galu hit him with an off-guard punch, same as Piccolo's kick to 50% Freeza. Don't remember Piccolo budging him, with Piccolo being quickly beaten by Base Bojack.

Not to mention Goku was also in his base form.

Shit. Why do you guys force me to defend Bojack? He is a terrible character IMO.

Though the worst movie villain is definitely Doctor Uiru. The guy was a brain in a robot. LMAO

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pakl2 said:
Shit. Why do you guys force me to defend Bojack? He is a terrible character IMO.
Implying that most of the movie villains aren't bland or terrible characters. :manabu

Pakl2

Captain Cadaver said:
Pakl2 said:
Implying that most of the movie villains aren't bland or terrible characters. :manabu

Not all of them though.

Tullece is a good characteer. Janemba as long as it goes by design is also a good chracter. Coola is also a good character.

You can devide the rest to two categories. The first one is a no good but not bad characters and the second is terrible characters

Movie villains who are not good characters but also not terrible: Bojack, Broly, Super 13, Slug

Movie villains that are terrible and simply a fail: Garlic Jr, Doctor Uiru, Bio Broli, Hirudegarn

P.S: Can you help me log into my original account?

Pakl2

Kenshi said:
But Broly's character is MAXIMUM!! :pakl

True but I am sorry to inform you that he is the second maximum character. The most maximum one is obviously Nappa. Nappa one shots him due to his mustache being haxed. No one beats baldy.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Nappa may be bald with a mustache but he's still no legendary Super Dodorian

latest

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pakl2 said:
Tullece is a good characteer. Janemba as long as it goes by design is also a good chracter. Coola is also a good character.
Tullece was decent in concept, but that was it. Beyond that, he's no different from a typical Saiyan and his concept is ruined by how on the nose and lacking in subtlety Bulma and Roshi are about his narrative purpose at the end of the film. Bland villain.
Janemba has a good design, but that's it. All style, no substance Boo clone.
Coola is just Freeza without the unique character traits that make Freeza...Freeza. He's just a typical villain with a cool design. He had the potential to be a decent character with the Daizenshuu hinting at him putting in the effort to surpass the natural talent of Freeza he himself wasn't blessed with, but none of that is expanded on in the film, causing him to be a generic villain.

Movie villains who are not good characters but also not terrible: Bojack, Broly, Super 13, Slug
13 and Slug should definitely be in the terrible category with the former being perhaps the blandest of all the villains with his goal just being "Kill Goku" no different from the rest of Gero's creations if stripped of their unique traits (unless counting the dub which gave him characterisation), whereas Slug was a Piccolo Daimao knockoff in almost every way.

Movie villains that are terrible and simply a fail: Garlic Jr, Doctor Uiru, Bio Broli, Hirudegarn
If anything, Garlic Jr. should be amongst the best movie villains for actually having a motivation beyond conquer/destroy everything with wanting to revive/avenge his father. He was only made terrible by his filler arc in which he was inconsistent about the latter motivation and didn't learn his lesson. Hildegarn, whilst lacking in personality, has the positive of offering some interesting lore to the DB universe and its history as well as having a backstory that doesn't contradict anything known about DB's world, unlike Tullece, Coola, 13 and Broly.

P.S: Can you help me log into my original account?
I'm pretty sure only admins can change passwords, so I can't unfortunately.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.