Broly's Popularity?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Can anyone explain why this troll is so popular and has a huge fanbase to overrates him [DBM]?
@Pakl

Pocket-God

Elite
He's just so damn awesome.
broly_chibi_by_xxthornthevamphogxx-d8wv13b.png

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
Because he is a hulking wrecking machine, that's basically it.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
He's much less popular than before. Everyone seems to love to hate him. The elitist crowd forgets that M8 was a great movie, and it wasn't Broly's fault that dummies put this weaker than Suppressed Cell guy in the GT echelon.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Because his YUGE sexy muscles.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Movie 8 was fucking horrendous and his motivations are comically bad. Doesn't help that the spin-offs of the franchise love to wank him so badly they made DBAF official for him by giving him every other form sans the Super ones.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Atem King of Niger said:
Movie 8 was fucking horrendous and his motivations are comically bad. Doesn't help that the spin-offs of the franchise love to wank him so badly they made DBAF official for him by giving him every other form sans the Super ones.
ELITIST!!! :brother

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Broli is has a terrible story.. Goku made him cry so now he is evil? That deserves three movies? Cooler was a much better character and only got two

Super Neko Majin Z

Mid Class Warrior
If they made Broly mad at Vegeta instead of Goku, made M8 shorter and didn't make any more, I could like him.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
His grudge towards Goku could've been somewhat justified if he were just angry at him for being defeated by him. Instead he went on a berserk rampage over a baby crying in his crib 3 decades ago and completely ignored Vegeta's father stabbing him in the chest that same day.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
Yeah, pff, movie 8 was garbage. Longer =/= better and the story, well we all know that's crap. And most of the fight sequences sucked.

Keedounan

Elite
Broly is popular for being a psychotic badass...in an universe full of them. King Piccolo, Vegeta Frieza, Cooler, Cell, Boo, Omega Shenron, Beerus Goku Black... were just as badass (if not more for some of them) weren't exactly the poster guys for sanity, and were much, much better villains than Broly.

Needless to say that I think that Broly's popularity is one of the least deserved I've ever seen. He is the physical representation of everything wrong with most of the movie villains: generic motives, little to no personality, underdevelopped.

Broly is especially notable for his wasted backstory. King Vegeta stabbed him in the chest, his planet got destroyed, with him and his father barely surviving, and said father brainwashing him into destroying several planets. Yet, the reason why he is a villain is because Goku was literally a crybaby. Talk about skewed priorities ! Plus, it makes him look extremely petty (even by DB villains' standards).

Not only that, the video game developers take advantage if his popularity to put him in DB games, even the ones he has no business to be, often making him look like the most powerful villain in DB.

Broly is one of the worst villains in the franchise, hands down.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Yeah, like making him LSSjin3 lol. I think it would be great to see Broly on GT as SSjin4 against Goku or Vegeta.

Keedounan

Elite
Fearless Hit said:
Yeah, like making him LSSjin3 lol. I think it would be great to see Broly on GT as SSjin4 against Goku or Vegeta.

NO ! Broly already got three movies for him. I don't ever want to see him again in Anime.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.