Can half-breeds become Super Saiyan 4?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
While there's nothing to suggest that half-Saiyans can't become Super Saiyan 4, do you think it's possible that it is only attainable by pure Saiyans? The GT Perfect Files basically state that it is a different line of transformations than the standard Golden-haired Super Saiyan forms and only called Super Saiyan 4 out of convenience.

My headcanon is that only pure Saiyans can become Super Saiyan 4, though I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. Maybe there's something that contradicts that notion.

(and no, DB Heroes will not change my mind)

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless Instinct said:
Didn't the GT files said that only pure blood Saiyan can attain that form?
Not to my knowledge.

I believe it should be possible for them to achieve it should they have been born with a tail like Gohan. Goten and Trunks would be more questionable though due to their tails being an unknown point.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
If Gohan and co. got their tails back, then it should be attainable once they become Golden Oozaru and come to their senses. Super Saiyan 4 is a product of the Golden Oozaru gaining a human heart:

"After succeeding in regenerating his tail, Goku transformed into the mightiest and most violent Golden Oozaru, devoid of reason, who carried out nothing but destruction!! When this Golden Oozaru gained a human heart, the result was the birth of the mightiest of warriors, Super Saiyan 4, who combines reason with tremendous power!!"

Reference: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14812

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Captain Cadaver said:
I believe it should be possible for them to achieve it should they have been born with a tail like Gohan. Goten and Trunks would be more questionable though due to their tails being an unknown point.

Toriyama did state that tails are a recessive trait in half-Saiyans, I believe. Perhaps half-breeds can only attain Super Saiyan 4 if they have a naturally occurring tail? That could be feasible...

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Spiral-Force said:
If Gohan and co. got their tails back, then it should be attainable once they become Golden Oozaru and come to their senses. Super Saiyan 4 is a product of the Golden Oozaru gaining a human heart:
Or using the Bruits Wave machine for a temporary version.

It would also be easier for them to attain SS4 than their parents, given Goku was able to reason with Oozaru Gohan to attack Vegeta in the Saiyan Arc, a feat nobody would've been able to accomplish with Part 1 Oozaru Galu.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Fearless Instinct said:
Didn't the GT files said that only pure blood Saiyan can attain that form?
Not to my knowledge.

But since Baby Vegeta can't turn into SSjin4 due to Baby making Vegeta's blood impure then don't you think it can be apply to the half breed as well?

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
I say no. Commenting on what Fearless said, when Vegeta and Bulma talk about him becoming a SSJ4, Vegeta brought up he couldn't become one on planet Tuffle because Bebi was living inside him. Mixing up his blood.

So the same should apply to Gohan and the rest.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Jeff Styles said:
So the same should apply to Gohan and the rest.
No, it would only apply to them if Baby or his eggs are infested within them, like in the situation with Vegeta. Baby is an evil parasite, which is why he didn't meet the requirements stated in the Perfect Files to go level 4 when hosting Vegeta's body. If Baby isn't involved with Gohan and the rest, then they should be able to do it either organically with a tail, or artificially with the Blutz Wave Generator.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Spiral-Force said:
No, it would only apply to them if Baby or his eggs are infested within them, like in the situation with Vegeta. Baby is an evil parasite, which is why he didn't meet the requirements stated in the Perfect Files to go level 4 when hosting Vegeta's body. If Baby isn't involved with Gohan and the rest, then they should be able to do it either organically with a tail, or artificially with the Blutz Wave Generator.

I meant the same result (not transforming) should happen to Gohan and the rest since they've human and saiyan blood. Vegeta was able to transform once his saiyan blood was pure. Goku transform since he is a pure blooded saiyan.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Jeff Styles said:
I meant the same result (not transforming) should happen to Gohan and the rest since they've human and saiyan blood. Vegeta was able to transform once his saiyan blood was pure. Goku transform since he is a pure blooded saiyan.
What proof is there that it can't work for half-Saiyans?

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Spiral-Force said:
What proof is there that it can't work for half-Saiyans?

When Bulma tell Vegeta he couldn't become a SSJ4 because Bebi's cells (remember Bebi has the cells of King Tuffle) were interfering with Vegeta's Saiyan cells. So Gohan and the rest shouldn't be able to become a SSJ4 since they've both human and Saiyan cells.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Baby was a parasitic lifeform who completely mutated Vegeta's body though. I wouldn't say it's the same situation as with half-Saiyans.

Flame

High Class Warrior
That's something I always wanted to believe and same goes for Super. In GT I felt like only pure blooded saiyans should be able to go SS4 and Super only SSG/SSB.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Jeff Styles said:
When Bulma tell Vegeta he couldn't become a SSJ4 because Bebi's cells (remember Bebi has the cells of King Tuffle) were interfering with Vegeta's Saiyan cells. So Gohan and the rest shouldn't be able to become a SSJ4 since they've both human and Saiyan cells.
You say it as if Baby's cells and human cells are interchangeable, which is unfounded. The situations aren't comparable either: Trunks, Goten, and Gohan are offspring of two different species, whereas Baby Vegeta is the result of a parasitic body-snatch, which mutated Vegeta as we saw from the new physical features that he got after Baby's transfer reached completion.

VWYWef5.png
DTfUTXQ.png

You also seem to be brushing aside that Baby Vegeta's failure to go level 4 wasn't merely due to a mixture of cells; his violent and unsympathetic nature clashes with the moral criterion necessary for transcension. Full-blooded Saiyans aren't exempt from this, as Goku could not go Super Saiyan 4 until he stopped going on a rampage and regained his awareness and good nature.

CK7gbv5.png

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.