Votes: 5 62.5%
  • no

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It's real to me damn it

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Warmmedown

Elite
Fuck it, I finally mustered up the courage to admit it: I loved Fake Namek. It was a genius addition that elevated DBZ from a simple action shounen to a unique genre-melding work that pushed the boundaries of fiction (for that era, obviously) and lay the groundwork for future legendary martial arts horrors like Blade and Morbius, but for some reason Fake Namek and Zaacro are never given the acknowledgement they deserve. Unironically scared me more than The Ring.

Any other fans?

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
The Fake Namek arc is a masterclass in character growth, just look at how much it develops the likes of Gohan, Krillin & Bulma, they're like different people. & If you think One Piece has good world building, you ain't seen shit.

I mean, over the arc, I grew so attached to Raichi & Zakuro's amazing writing. When they revealed their true forms, I cried so hard.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I did when I was like 15. Not anymore though.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It really pushed the boundaries of fiction. So much so that I don't remember a single thing about fake Namek.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I always skipped filler and don’t remember watching it on tv when I was a child so I can’t say I have an opinion on it

Warmmedown

Elite
Even watching it 14 times isn't enough to comprehend its genius. Only reason it's not on every uni philosophy curriculum is because everyone with an IQ below 200 would get an F. Plato and Socrates are lucky they were born 2000 years before Toei.

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.