Do you think more fan-service could have made the older DragonBall Z movies more interesting?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
We all know they were just inconsequential side-stories and didn't mean anything in the long run, so do you think they could have just said, fack it and done a lot more fan-service.

Like more Saiyans or Namekians or Androids? They did Tullece and Broly, and Lord Slug, and Movie 7 but I mean more. They were Non-Canon anyway, so who cares? Surely would have made for interesting movies a-lot of times.

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Like making Broly the villain for 3 movies :pakl or BoG and FnF extending to the "amazing exciting action pack well written series" known as Super?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Jeff Styles said:
Like making Broly the villain for 3 movies :pakl or BoG and FnF extending to the "amazing exciting action pack well written series" known as Super?

Considering both made a hell lot of money in the box office collection, why not? :troll

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Fearless Super said:
Jeff Styles said:

Considering both made a hell lot of money in the box office collection, why not? :troll

The FnF movie made money? The freak!? :wtf

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Jeff Styles said:
Fearless Super said:
Jeff Styles said:

The FnF movie made money? The freak!? :wtf

More than BoG. :troll

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I think the movies would be more interesting if they weren't so blatantly inconsequential and if they didn't lack originality. The movies, for the most part (there are exceptions) are just them going, "Hm, this is popular in DB... let's make a similar scenario for 40 minutes!" That's another thing, the run time. Basically two episodes mashed into one. I think that the movies were a fantastic time to dive into something deeper. I don't know,, I think that they just felt underwhelming. I'll give credit to Toonami because to this day, I still think Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and Tree of Might are great... but in hindsight, that's due to good promoting from Toonami. And really, at that time, Toonami could have told me anything and I'd buy into it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
The_Authority said:
I think the movies would be more interesting if they weren't so blatantly inconsequential and if they didn't lack originality. The movies, for the most part (there are exceptions) are just them going, "Hm, this is popular in DB... let's make a similar scenario for 40 minutes!" That's another thing, the run time. Basically two episodes mashed into one. I think that the movies were a fantastic time to dive into something deeper. I don't know,, I think that they just felt underwhelming. I'll give credit to Toonami because to this day, I still think Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and Tree of Might are great... but in hindsight, that's due to good promoting from Toonami. And really, at that time, Toonami could have told me anything and I'd buy into it.
On the same wave-length.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
The_Authority said:

Looking back virtually all db movies were pretty much derivative and the one's that weren't were about as fun as a dentist appointment.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Toei really can't make a movie without borrowing original canon stuffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they start making Super movies with its plot similar to the series.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Dr. Fearless said:
Toei really can't make a movie without borrowing original canon stuffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they start making Super movies with its plot similar to the series.
At-least they try more now. These days when they do manga-based movies or specials, they give credit straight-away instead of saying it's a all new movie.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
When you say "Older movies" do you mean the early ones like M1-4 or just movies before BoG? If it's the former I'd say no, I thought they were fine jus the way they were. If it's the latter, I'd say no. Broly was a fanservice and his other 2 movies are less than stellar. I don't really like any of the movies post Bojack Unbound to be honest (Aside from BoG).

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
When you say "Older movies" do you mean the early ones like M1-4 or just movies before BoG? If it's the former I'd say no, I thought they were fine jus the way they were. If it's the latter, I'd say no. Broly was a fanservice and his other 2 movies are less than stellar. I don't really like any of the movies post Bojack Unbound to be honest (Aside from BoG).
Movies before Battle of Gawds.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.