Does Gohan have SSjin 2 in GT?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
The only evidence I've seen is he said he was angry against Supa 17 and had a bang. Other than that I don't think anything suggests it. What do y'all think?!
:shc

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Nobody has SSJ2 in GT except Dildo fight Galu and Vegeta when he fights Omega. :troll

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Fearless Instinct said:
Not according to the GT perfect files IIRC...

Pretty sure that book also says Goku only used the form in the intro credits, when he clearly used it against Rild and Baby.

Anyhow, yeah, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt here and have Gohan using it against Super 17 and possibly Yi Xing Long.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Pyro said:
Fearless Instinct said:
Not according to the GT perfect files IIRC...

Pretty sure that book also says Goku only used the form in the intro credits, when he clearly used it against Rild and Baby.

Anyhow, yeah, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt here and have Gohan using it against Super 17 and possibly Yi Xing Long.

Against Baby he was just going through all 3 of his forms rather than actually using the form to fight tho.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, but he still displayed it. I count it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Pyro said:
Yeah, but he still displayed it. I count it.

Did the PF entry on ssj2 count the time he cycled through the forms in front of Fat Boo?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Nope.
Goku hardly ever transforms into Super Saiyan 2!! The only times being such as when he fought Vegeta after Vegeta was manipulated by the wizard Babidi. Even in “GT”, he only transforms in one cut (picture) in the new opening.
It doesn't even consider Vegeta to have Super Saiyan 2 without Babidi's possession as it lists him under the moniker "Demon Prince Vegeta," even though he very clearly used it against Kid Boo. It says Gotenks has it, too, despite only displaying it while charging up to Super Saiyan 3, though I guess it could just be repeating what the Daizenshuu said.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The Daizenshuu still lists Vegeta as a "regular" Ssjin2 user and not just temporarily using it under the Majin spell. It looks like Toei somehow was stupid enough to forget they made Goku use it in one of their Kid Boo fillers and that they merely forgot to give Vegeta lightning when he used it against the same opponent (other than that split second when he was mass firing ki blasts). The fact that they forgot Goku used it on dildo is even more mind boggling, given that GT is entirely their work and this is the guidebook on it.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Didn't Toriyama forget what Super Saiyan 2 was?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
He thought it was Super Saiyan 3, yeah. But that doesn't really mean anything when it comes to GT.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Not to mention that was years and years later in the 2010s when he worked on BoG. Toriyama clearly remembered the form in the final battle in the manga.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
I know all that, but it just seems like SS2 is always forgotten. :rumoosh

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
*Was always forgotten.

At least Super got something right here.

Even though it came after AT said Goku wouldn't use SS2 or SS3. :troll

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
lululululululLLLL

A lot of what AT said about BoG (the movie) was undone when the anime came out. There was no way they were going to have an entire new series without the golden forms. You can't merchandise Super Saiyan if you don't show it off somehow.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
pr sure the real reason ssj3 is so neglected in Super is because it's annoying to have to animate the longass detailed hair and lightning and the ki drain is just a convenient cop out

conversely GT's writers couldn't be fucked to look at the character design sheets for SSJ2's subtle differences from SSJ so they rarely used it

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.