Dumbest inconsistencies in GT/Movies

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
withheldforprivacy said:
SSJ2 Vegeta>=Ultimate Gohan in Movie 13.
Not really an inconsistency with the actual movie, considering the Inside Boo filler already had Evil Boo > SSJ Vegeta > SS3 Gotenks, which would be the source of the Movie 13 powerscaling.

I'd still call it an inconsistency considering almost all supplementary material including interviews with Toei's writers state Ultimate Gohan >> SSJ3 Galu, and the writers were just having their :galu boner mindless of how contradictory their depiction.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
To be fair though, both :troll and :toei have also alluded to :galu being the strongest on occasion as well, so you could take it as Toei misinterpreting Toriyama's context of saying so.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think that's more due to Galu's hype of being the world's savior more than anything else. After all, there were multiple humans surpassing Roshi (prior to his 22nd GAINZ anyway) but he was revered as the greatest master, and Galu's whole schtick is being the savior of mankind who Gohan revered even after surpassing him on multiple occasions.

Although yeah, Toei will miss no opportunities to hax Galu. Blue :galu KHH >> double galick gun :shc :shc :shc :shc

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Movie 8 Gohan has to get rescued by Goku and Piccolo around eight or nine times through out the course of the movie, when his anime counterpart should have been able to solo that Broli fight.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That reminds me of the mid-RosaT theory people used to explain Gohan's weakness :punk :punk

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
From Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, which I admit is one of my favorite movies and the only one I actually rewatch. Don't laugh, they all mostly suck.

After the Destron Gas starts releasing and the Ghost Warriors appear, Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo and Trunks meet up with Turles, Freeza, Cooler and Slug. Goku fights Cooler, Slug fights Piccolo, Gohan fights Turles and Freeza fights Trunks. A three minute battle occurs, but Vegeta is not shown once the whole time. After it stops, they cut to him all beat up despite the fact that he did nothing. :troll2

Fight starts at 3:40
[youtube]ywNdQ24-GB8[/youtube]

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Is he popular in Japan? If not, I wonder if it just took time for the Western fanbase of the character to reach Toei executives and :troll.

Lazy analogy, but Boba Fett died like a bitch in Return of the Jedi because Lucas didn't know he had gotten that popular since the previous movie. If that's the case, it explains the unexpected wank he gets in Super.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
He was always popular in Japan, AT even said he thought about having :galu kill Veggie until deciding not to because of his popularity. But Toei personally seemed to dislike him while wanking off their magnum opus :pakl :pakl

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Just got oneshotted by every other antagonist except Metal Coola :troll

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.