Fat Janemba > SSJ Post Gotenks

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Nah. Janenba's 2nd form I can see being stronger, but definitely not his first one.

Pocket-God

Elite
Goku comments that Fat Janemba's power was the greatest he's ever sensed though and post SSJ Gotenks is in that movie.

Zippy

Super Elite
No, and the ssj gotenks isnt the same as post

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
If it was Gotenks post Gohan would be Ultimate Gohan (since he attained it just as Gotenks was about to defuse), which he isn't in this movie. He also shows no signs of having SSJ3 and fuses into SSJ by having his two halves fuse as SSJs (whereas in M13 he turns SSJ3 when the two fuse as SSJs), so I'm inclined to say it just has screwed continuity similar to Piccolo apparently having fused with Kami yet being weaker than SSJ Goku in Movie 6.

Pocket-God

Elite
The main reason I think it's post is because Gotenks uses his Ghost Attack, which he doesn't use pre...or does he?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Well yeah, but Gotenks not using SSJ3 and gohan not being Ultimate highly suggests the opposite, not to mention that all the movies have fucked up continuity (like Krillin meeting Gohan prior to the Raditz battle in Movie 1). If you go by logic the humans shouldn't be alive in the Dr. Wheelo and Tullece movies either since Nappa killed them. Hell in movie 12 they even have Vegeta bodiless in Hell even though he was preserved in the manga and anime after his death.

Pocket-God

Elite
What reason would he have to use SSJ3 against 'Hitler' ? Heck the kids didn't even need to fuse in the first place, they only did it because Goku and Vegeta fused. But Gohan not being ultimate is still something to think about.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The kids planned on using SSJ3 for the grand finale even when they were deluded enough to think base form was enough for Super Boo. If they were going to pull off their ultimate attack, they'd to the same thing here. Along with Ultimate Gohan not being in this movie it's more probable this was pre-Rosat.

Pocket-God

Elite
Hmm...I guess you're right, things do seem to be pointing towards it being Pre-RoSaT Gotenks.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I think that Gotenks was post-RoSaT in Fusion Reborn due to the film's release date and his use of the Kamikaze Ghosts, but I don't think that his Super Saiyan 3 power was a factor in Goku's statement regarding Fat Janemba's power, due to M12 Gohan resembling his pre-unlock self, who was around before SSJ3 Gotenks was introduced.

Fat Janemba > SSJ Gotenks (post) is fine IMO.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Pocket-God said:
Goku comments that Fat Janemba's power was the greatest he's ever sensed though and post SSJ Gotenks is in that movie.
Even if Gotenks was post-RoSaT (I think it's certainly possible), Gotenks formed after Goku sensed Janemba in that film. There's nothing suggesting Goku sensed Gotenks before Janemba, especially since Gotenks' post-RoSaT power was first shown in the RoSaT where Goku wouldn't be able to sense him.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.