Fave movie/TV special/OVA music (any dub)

Warmmedown

Elite
Mine is the music from the old Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans OVA. It's totally different to any other dbz bgm I've heard or even from anime in general. I used to listen to a few songs from it regularly for a while and had one of them (the main theme) as my ringtone for a couple of years. One Eyed Old Doctor and Planet Darkness were good upbeat ones too and Emphemeral Requiem was a nice, pacifying song....just sounds like a lullaby tbh lol.
Some of it is more of 90s video game soundtrack, which makes sense since the OVA was originally part of a game if I'm remembering right. Other parts just sound like the Backstreet Boys producer had a mental breakdown. Or maybe it was inspired by 80s Japanese technopop.

What did you like? I know the Japanese usually just used the series bgm, so maybe there was dub music you liked? I remember Movie 5 had a nu metal soundtrack, with Deftones being in there. Wasn't a fan of that for a soundtrack tbh, even though I liked some of the songs they used. Like, the touching moment of Galu resurrecting a bird shouldn't have badass metal music, at least for me. I would've loved that shit when I was a kid though, for sure.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't recall any that come to mind. I do remember despising the music in almost every English dub iteration that I've seen.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Hero (Kimi ga Hero), if talking about songs for the movies. The special songs too.

Marugoto was great too.

But that’s only songs.

Warmmedown

Elite
Hero (Kimi ga Hero), if talking about songs for the movies. The special songs too.

Marugoto was great too.

But that’s only songs.
i don;t know those, after looking them up. Wb saikyou wa no fusion (strongest fusion) ? it autoplayed on youtube and I instantly remembered it.

did you watch any dbz movies (etc) in German? If yeh, does it just use the Japanese score?

Warmmedown

Elite
I don't care for you. Only about. Maybe.

Was cha la head cha la in German

Warmmedown

Elite
One word post. Banned forever. Unless you learn all the words to The Strongest Fusion.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The only English music I like is the opening theme for the films.

Warmmedown

Elite
Are you learning Japanese? If u didn't get that you need to learn inglês too

Yeh that movie opening is nice. Definitely recognise it. Crazy to think that when I first watched Dragon Ball on watchdragonball.net or whatever it was, I would've thought that video quality was bearable.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.