Elite
Legend
Admin
b9a5532f0a59370c2bde9ef9c6ca29ab3b00f1d8_hq.jpg

7f1928e59edfe11e28e690e60174d1e1d16b54b8_hq.jpg

37041f41ed3fe7ea96215878b75d2db9260040d2_hq.jpg

233bfd16dd1aef52959e9d0b733f8865a5e21552_hq.jpg

01980da4d2046b3ee18a9a152034425816790764_hq.jpg

The GTPF should be enough on the matter, but Vegeta's statement seems to imply only Goten and Trunks slacked in their training. Just more ammunition for the naysayers I suppose.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
It also indicates that Goten and Trunks were somewhat involved with training; just not as much as they should've been.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
True. I think Trunks implies that on Planet Gelbo too, right?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Gohan is above Vegeta tho, would he really be dragging him around due to lack of training? lol

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
SSJ2 said:
Gohan is above Vegeta tho, would he really be dragging him around due to lack of training? lol
He wasn't entirely sure if Gohan had weakened by the time of their first Boo Arc interaction, yet was still confident enough to talk smack to his face.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
True, but the gap between them wasn't as astronomical at that time.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
SSJ2 said:

Do you mean at this point in GT?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
SSJ2 said:

If Gohan is still above Vegeta, then that should be a pretty good indicator that he hasn't been slacking. Either way, it would mean Gohan at least didn't "lose his Ultimate" like many people like to claim.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
SSJ2 said:

What says Gohan is above Vegeta in GT? He certainly isn't during the S17 arc.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don' see reason to assume Vegeta >>> Goku at BoGT.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
I never said he was stronger than Goku, boy. Isn't it made clear that Vegeta is 2nd to Goku when Baby goes after him?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
My point is that at beginning of GT, Gohan >>> Goku. Don't see why it would be different with Vegerya

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Saiyan Paladin said:
When is that shown?
Base Goku (M2) > Base Rild >>/>>> Super Mega Cannon Sigma >>/>>> Mega Cannon Sigma (Individual) > Level 3 Lood ~ BoGT SSJ Goku

Hard to have BoGT SS3 Galu above Base Gohan with that kind of chain, nevermind his SSJ forms, unless you assume Galu's SS3 form at that time got a haxed boost to maintain the status quo ala SSJ Vegetto.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I don't think that statement means that Gohan was still training -- it merely says that Goten and Trunks have been "slacking off" on their training. Vegeta might not care about Gohan not training, but he certainly cares about his son. In logic, if A is always B, that doesn't mean that B is always A. Meaning, if all cars are red, that doesn't mean that everything red is a car -- while every car in the world would be red, there could be red t-shirts, red books, red markers, etc. Just like in this case, when Vegeta says that he wants Goten and Trunks to go instead of Gohan because they're slacking on their training, that doesn't mean that if Gohan was slacking in his training that he'd go instead of Goten and Trunks.

I don't know, that's how my mind was trained to work.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Maybe you should look at the quote again, Authority.

"It would be best if you two went, since you've been slacking off with your training"

If Gohan was slacking off too, wouldn't it be best if he went along with them? After all, slacking off is the sole reasoning Vegeta used for dragging them off to train instead of him. If the statement was delivered without Gohan being part of it, then you'd have a point, but as things actually stand, the suggestion is definitely there.

Here's a scenario that follows the same logic: (1) A and B have an upcoming exam, but aren't studying as much as they should be (2) C notices this, and takes them somewhere to study (3) B asks why X isn't going instead of them (4) C replies by saying it is best that A and B go because they've been slacking off on studying. ----> Implication = X doesn't slack off on studying.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Gohan has a family and a job he has to take care of though. That's probably the main reason he's excluded.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
The Perfect Files state that he didn't neglect his training, so he still had time to train despite those responsibilities.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Saiyan Paladin said:
Gohan has a family and a job he has to take care of though. That's probably the main reason he's excluded.

Vegeta said that Gohan was going to go. The only reason mentioned that Goten and Trunks were chosen over him was because they were slacking off.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
He certainly never made use of his Ultimate power in the show. Especially considering Toei always viewed it as a transformation.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.