Galaxy level Yi Xing Long?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Part of the Challenge Thread as requested by Southern Gothic.

So, after looking over a few things about the Evil Dragons Arc, it appears Yi Xing Long may be far more powerful than I gave him credit for. Whilst it seemed as though the statements revolving around him and destroying the Galaxy could've been taken as chain reaction, a few sources hint at it referring to his power in general.
Firstly, there's this statement from the GT Perfect Files 2.

a5204eba7d5d5b3537123042976e6d4f.jpg

The translation of the red text on the right roughly says "Is endowed with extraordinary destructive force with that will cause the destruction of the entire galaxy!" The guidebook makes it unclear whether this is talking about his base or Super form, though there is one source that would imply it to be the former.

An extract from Yi Xing Long/Syn Shenron's character profile in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

"Each of the seven evil dragons has his own special powers, but Syn Shenron is the most powerful of them all, with enough negative energy to destroy the entire galaxy."

So, all that would imply galaxy level Yi Xing Long. As for Super Yi Xing Long, there's one statement for the series that would place his destructive capacity in another league. Being the combination of all Evil Dragons, his power should be at least that of the Black Smoke Evil Dragon and the Evil Dragons created in the past. Regarding them, we have this statement from Popo.

Episode 48
Time: 6m58s
Context: Popo says he's heard of the Evil Dragons before.
Mr. Popo: "Long, long ago, Evil Dragon appeared on other planet. It said that planet soon destroyed, then all of cosmos around that planet wiped out."

The phrase "cosmos" is closer to Galaxy in terms of translation accuracy as Popo says "Ginga" (Galaxy). From this, it seems it doesn't take long for the combined Evil Dragon to wipe out multiple galaxies.
So, to conclude and recap.

Yi Xing Long - Galaxy level
Super Yi Xing Long - Multi-Galaxy level.

Obviously, this isn't going to mean anything in GT VS Super debates, but it's still nice for the GT verse to get this much of a buff. It also scales well with Anime Pure Boo, and thereby all GT characters from Super Vegeta-Baby's level and higher, being Multi-Solar System level from wiping out a galaxy in a short period of time.

So, thoughts on this analysis?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
So Omega Shenron is most definitely stronger than the DB-Super verse? Freeza still considers a planet-busting move a big deal. :galu :galu :galu

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
2kewl4u said:
So Omega Shenron is most definitely stronger than the DB-Super verse? Freeza still considers a planet-busting move a big deal. :galu :galu :galu
Freeza's Planet Bust >>>> Galu needing SS4 to keep a building intact. :troll

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
2kewl4u said:
Freeza's Planet Bust >>>> Galu needing SS4 to keep a building intact. :troll
But that building was a huge deal. It was more difficult to deal with than Sorbet's gun. :galu :galu :galu

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That's pretty cool man. I always told KP to get his GT Perfect Files volume translated, there are probably other good inserts like that one.

Also nice pick up from the episode 48 quote, that's awesome to hear GT is stronger now.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Great post, and rather fascinating to read for old GT-maniac like myself.

Who was it in GT that referred to themselves as the god of destruction in the GT sub(lower case god, mind you)...was in Baby or Yi Xing Long?

Anyway, I find this to be perfectly viable and easy to digest. There are some implications here as far as bumping up Gt characters in relation to their Super counterparts which I think have slightly more weight than nothing at all. This should allow some of the high end GT characters, and I mean very high end, such as SSJ4 Gogeta, Yi Xing Long and perhaps even Super 17 post-absorption, to go from one-shot level to something more like low-diff to medium-diff tier. Especially against some of the more mundane characters like 4th Form Freeza, Frost and Bora.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Southern Gothic said:
Who was it in GT that referred to themselves as the god of destruction in the GT sub(lower case god, mind you)...was in Baby or Yi Xing Long?
Yi Xing Long, after he kills Si Xing Long to regain the Four Star Ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEIVRmDNWaI

Too bad Toei didn't use this as good foreshadowing and instead of having a cool looking Evil Dragon as a Hakaishin we get furries and mooks.

This should allow some of the high end GT characters, and I mean very high end, such as SSJ4 Gogeta, Yi Xing Long and perhaps even Super 17 post-absorption, to go from one-shot level to something more like low-diff to medium-diff tier. Especially against some of the more mundane characters like 4th Form Freeza, Frost and Bora.
Manga-wise, they still probably wouldn't unfortunately, seeing as how Base Goku putting up a fight against Initial Hit and surpassing his power as a SSJ when the gap between Hit and ~10% SSB Vegeta is lower than the fairly small gap between SSG and SSB would suggest SSJ Goku's power is should be around maybe 8-9% of his SSB power. Of course, that doesn't necessarily correlate to destructive capacity, given Piccolo going from 300-320 at the Tenkaichi Budokai to 329 after the Raditz fight equates to going from destroying a Large Island/Small Country to destroying the Moon, but given manga Base Galu is also durable enough to take blasts from Merged Zamasu, it would seem he'd be on the higher end of Multi-Galaxy+ level even if arguing plot armour. Nothing really implies Super Yi Xing Long, SS4 Gogeta and Ryu-Ken SS4 Goku would end up any higher than the low end of Multi-Galaxy level.

Anime-wise, it's more debatable. Base Goku was still able to counter Hit fairly well and was able to fight against a version of Beerus who was likely far less suppressed than usual, so I'd still say he should be around his manga self.

The GT Top Tiers would still lack the speed feats to compete with even most mid tiers though, since Beerus' display of traversing at least a couple of Solar Systems to see if Whis had gotten food for him was a Massively FTL+ feat by billions of times and assuming this was just from his initial level, scales to SS2 Enraged Vegeta and anyone above him. You could say that a past Evil Dragon destroying multiple Galaxies over a short period of time is a good feat to support them being comparatively fast, we never see the actual feat in question to get a decent timeframe for it.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Don't forget we saw Broli destroy a whole galaxy in mere seconds at the start of Movie 8. :troll

Manga wise, I have to defer to you regarding characters and their feats, as the only material I've read has been the FnF adaptation. All I know is the anime.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't think Toei put any real thought behind calling him a Hakaishin, especially since they called SPC the same iirc. We did get a Luud ripoff for what that counts, although like Luud's actual arc (BSDB) I skipped all the episodes he was in :troll2

SIAD

Elite
So Yi Xing Long is the least powerful character capable of destroying a whole galaxy in one fell swoop?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
That's what seems to be implied, considering no character weaker than him is stated or shown to be capable of such.

SIAD

Elite
And do you think it is possible that Si Xing Long (Revived) is capable of performing the same feat?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Most likely, since his power up seems to be pretty huge if he were to gain access to a technique capable of killing Yi. I'd probably place post-Revival Si Xing Long above base Yi.

SIAD

Elite
I think with all this, I have the most powerful attack of Omega Yi Xing Long, as a Destroyer of our Galaxy Milky Way.

I have Yi Xing Long as an average Galaxy Destroyer.

I have Omega Yi Xing Long with the most powerful attack as the destroyer of our entire Galaxy.

Our Galaxy is much bigger than the average of Galaxies, although I see a possibility that Yi Xing Long himself can do the same feat, I just prefer to leave the latter as an Average Galaxy Destroyer, until there is more evidence than Check it out.

With this, the distance between the DBS characters is much reduced over those of DBGT, but even so, I have Goku Base (Post God) more powerful than any DBGT character.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
The use of "the Galaxy" rather than "a Galaxy" would imply that Yi Xing Long's power is being compared to the Milky Way or it's Dragon Ball equivalent though, rather than just an average Galaxy.

SIAD

Elite
That's true, I got confused there.

My doubt is that if Mr. Popo made that statement, then it should not mean that Omega Yi Xing Long is a Destroyer of Galaxies, instead of Yi Xing Long? Since he said that the evil dragon made the galaxy disappear, it refers to Black Smoke Evil Dragon.

As for the game, I think it means that Yi Xing Long along with its negative Energy can make the Galaxy disappear due to its power and its polluting energy.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I doubt chain reactions/pollution would be the reason for it's inclusion, as practically any Planet Buster could destroy the Galaxy in a similar way with enough time, such as with Goku saying the entire Universe would be in danger/be destroyed if he didn't defeat Freeza. If it were talking about chain reaction/with enough time, there'd be no point in singling out Yi amongst the Evil Dragons when the rest could gradually bring a Galaxy to ruin with enough time.

As for Popo's statement, it refers to multiple Galaxies given that he refers to the cosmos "around" the Planet rather than the Galaxy the Planet was within, which would place Super Yi Xing Long/Omega Shenron on Multi-Galaxy level.

SIAD

Elite
That makes the DBS and DBGT gap even closer.

Do you know how many Foe are needed to be a Destroyer of Multiple Galaxies and the Observable Universe?

To be a Destroyer of our Galaxy, you need at least 10,000,000,000 Foe.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
God, we really need to get the entire Perfect Files translated page by page. I don't care if it's a blurb that says Bulma's pussy has gotten tighter because she's been doing kegels since Baby infected her, I want it translated and available for the masses. GT has been shafted in terms of quality guidebook translation. I know Herms did a good chunk, but I want everything. If I have to make a post on Craigslist asking for a Japanese speaker to do it, I damn well will.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Pyro said:
God, we really need to get the entire Perfect Files translated page by page. I don't care if it's a blurb that says Bulma's pussy has gotten tighter because she's been doing kegels since Baby infected her, I want it translated and available for the masses. GT has been shafted in terms of quality guidebook translation. I know Herms did a good chunk, but I want everything. If I have to make a post on Craigslist asking for a Japanese speaker to do it, I damn well will.

:pyro

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.