Gohan > SSJ Vegeta? (BoG Anime)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
We know the ToP was at least 2 years from BoG because Beerus commented that it had been a "couple years" since they'd last fought. The Earth Dragon Balls were used during DBS: Broly, so that would need to be at least a year after RoF. Moro and Granolah have both taken up at least half a year between them thus far (someone on Kanzenshuu said Moro was a little less than three months, and Granolah took a couple months to retrieve Seven-Three, plus Chi-Chi and Bulma have both said it's been quite a while since seeing their husbands, which they did after Moro). There's also Bulma's pregnancy being hidden during Goku Blacked's arrival but she's almost due prior to the ToP, and generally women don't start to show until around 4-5 months.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Could be, but it's directly from Toei which would be pretty sad.
So I just checked the official subs from Steve Simmons and he has similar.

"A half year later, using the power of the Dragon Balls, the public's memories of Majin Boo are erased, and several more months pass by."

A second time skip could be possible but it seems very unlikely. Goku first trained while Goten was helping him with farming, and then Goten left to get Videl a birthday gift. After this Galu/Goten were shown together wearing the same clothing as earlier but later on in the day when Satan came to give him the money. He went to Kaio's planet directly after this. It would be pretty coincidental for both Galu and Goten to be wearing the exact same outfits if this was several years later, but I suppose such a leap in logic isn't out of the realm of possiblity for Super. Either they fucked up the timeline with Pan's birth or there was a time skip that was never shown.

MikaelHarding

Mid Class Warrior

"A half year later, using the power of the Dragon Balls, the public's memories of Majin Boo are erased, and several more months pass by."

A second time skip could be possible but it seems very unlikely. Goku first trained while Goten was helping him with farming, and then Goten left to get Videl a birthday gift. After this Galu/Goten were shown together wearing the same clothing as earlier but later on in the day when Satan came to give him the money. He went to Kaio's planet directly after this. It would be pretty coincidental for both Galu and Goten to be wearing the exact same outfits if this was several years later, but I suppose such a leap in logic isn't out of the realm of possiblity for Super. Either they fucked up the timeline with Pan's birth or there was a time skip that was never shown.
hmmmmmm

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Right, so BoG is closer to 1 year post-Boo. Given all that's transpired, we've got to be at the midway point between Boo and EoZ unless RoF, U6, Zamasu, and ToP took place within a year of each other.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite

Cartoon characters always wear the same clothes, so Goku and Goten wearing the same clothes doesn’t mean anything. Toei fucking up the timeline is just as likely though:sponge

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It would be far too coincidental. The use of morning and evening, the context of Galu needing money and then Satan just happens to show up that evening.. Also Goten went to see Gohan/Videos new house directly after the opening scene and then Galu thanked Satan for it that night. Are you really trying to say that they didn't see each other for almost 5 years after that? Would Galu even remember to thank him for building the house after 5 years? The entire context of the episode suggests no time skip.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
So it’s 2 years post Boo Saga at most then right? Does that mean Gohan and Videl married and had Pan at age like, 17?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The anime implies it's not even a full year until the beginning of Super. The manga is obviously a different continuity.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Yeah 6 months and several more but not quite a year makes it less than 1 and a half years since the Boo Saga. Not impossible for Goku and Vegeta to have gotten far stronger though.

The movie and the manga don’t do this bs so I think it’s probably been years since the Boo Saga.

PFM18

Gohan is definitely far stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta minus the rage boost

Latest profile posts

If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o