GT Gohan's power

Keedounan

Elite
In GT Perfect files:

Son Gohan
He transformed when fighting with Goten after Goten had been taken over by Baby!! It seems that even in times of peace, he hasn’t neglected his training. The differences in Gohan’s facial expressions before and after transforming are the most intense out of any warrior!!

In an interview:

For instance, in Gohan’s case, there was apparently so much as an “Ultimate Gohan” concept in Dragon Ball Z, where he was a super-warrior with might surpassing Goku, but in GT, he’s a scholar who’s given up fighting almost entirely. But for someone who had given up fighting like that to return to the front lines, I thought that naturally there needed to be quite a bit of drama involved.

Looks like there are disagreements between the creators of the series.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I don't see a problem. When you link both statements, it pretty much just means he kept up with training but didn't take part in any major battles.

Keedounan

Elite
Spiral-Force said:
I don't see a problem. When you link both statements, it pretty much just means he kept up with training but didn't take part in any major battles.

Fighting Baby Goten, Super 17 as well as Omega Shenron qualifies as taking part in major battles, though. Besides, while would he continue to train if he (almost) gave up on fighting ? Doesn't make sense to me.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It could be that he trained lightly to maintain some level of strength (therefore not losing his SSJ forms lul) but failed to make any strides or prepare for major battles

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Mirai SSJ said:
Fighting Baby Goten, Super 17 as well as Omega Shenron qualifies as taking part in major fight.
The part I'm referring to is of Gohan before those battles, hence why later in the quote it mentions that he returned to the front lines after giving up.

Mirai SSJ said:
Besides, while would he continue to train if he (almost) gave up on fighting ? Doesn't make sense to me.
Not to get weaker or rusty.

Keedounan

Elite
Spiral-Force said:
Mirai SSJ said:
Fighting Baby Goten, Super 17 as well as Omega Shenron qualifies as taking part in major fight.
The part I'm referring to is of Gohan before those battles, hence why later in the quote it mentions that he returned to the front lines after giving up.

Good point.

Not to get weaker or rusty.

...Indeed. In any case, I wasn't really fine with assuming that Base Gohan was somehow above Ultimate Gohan simply because "he hasn't neglected his training" like most do anyways. The fact that the above interview also confirms that they forgot about Ultimate Gohan (if it wasn't obvious enough in the show) makes it even more unlikely.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
In the 2nd quote, the Gohan juxtaposition is in relation to his change in occupation, which doesn't necessitate a power drop. By the way, do you have a link to the source of this statement?

Jeff Styles

Elite
Donor
Spiral-Force said:
In the 2nd quote, the Gohan juxtaposition is in relation to his change in occupation, which doesn't necessitate a power drop. By the way, do you have a link to the source of this statement?

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-gt-dragon-book-dragon-ball-q-atsushi-maekawa-story-qa/

Keedounan

Elite
Spiral-Force said:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-gt-dragon-book-dragon-ball-q-atsushi-maekawa-story-qa/

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Hey, so, uh, that guy mentions Gohan had might surpassing Goku...

Nobody gonna pick up on that?

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Pyro said:
Hey, so, uh, that guy mentions Gohan had might surpassing Goku...

Nobody gonna pick up on that?
That indicates Goku (GT) > Gohan (GT) / Gohan (Z) > Goku (Z), which should be common knowledge by now.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Exactly. But it's interesting to note because of how the Z anime was handled, so I'm wondering how he reached this conclusion of his.

They even say Goku is the mightiest right before that too.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Perhaps he followed manga scaling, or didn't take into account the last minute hype statements or guidebook wank pertaining to Anime Kid Buu.

Keedounan

Elite
Pyro said:
Exactly. But it's interesting to note because of how the Z anime was handled, so I'm wondering how he reached this conclusion of his.

Perhaps he actually followed the manga instead of the numerous contradictions in Anime ?

They even say Goku is the mightiest right before that too.

By the time of BoGT, Goku is indeed the mightiest. Which is why they had him become a kid again.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Gohan doesn't look like he has been training at all and if he does then he wouldn't be trash compare to Vegeta. What the producer actually makes sense.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Because he wears clothing other than his fighting gi? lol nice argument yet again.

What do you mean he wouldn't be trash to Vegeta? Nobody is saying Gohan made major gains, he just didn't go backwards.

SSJPoo

Mid Class Warrior
GT Gohans Power is one thing: Fatherhood.

Yawns...

Where can I find a worth while debate or discussion?

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.