GT Respect Thread

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Universe level, yes, though they aren't implied to be anything beyond that in the manga, unlike in the anime.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
So, another interesting point to make about GT's high tiers would be this statement from the Baby Arc.

Episode 37
Time: around 0m40s
Context: Elder Kaioshin says it's their chance to finish Baby off now that he's knocked out
Kibitoshin: "I see! I'm going to go there and revive Goku-san, right?"
Elder Kaioshin: "You nitwit! You don't have the kind of power it would take to revive Super Saiyan 4 Goku!"

Initial SS4 Goku/Golden Oozaru Baby are on such a level that Kibitoshin couldn't even restore the former's Ki. If treating this ability is equivalent across all continuities and considering Trunks could only fully restore the Ki of one SSB tier character despite being far less skilled in healing than Kibito, it would show that Initial SS4 Goku is far stronger than Manga SSB tiers as well as possibly PSSB tier characters based on how similar healing abilities have been used in the Moro Arc; which goes along with what's been said thus far in this analysis.

Can anyone remind me if and when Dende or Kibito's healing abilities have been used in the Super anime? That may paint a good idea of how GT high tiers stack up to certain Super characters.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
So, another interesting point to make about GT's high tiers would be this statement from the Baby Arc.

Episode 37
Time: around 0m40s
Context: Elder Kaioshin says it's their chance to finish Baby off now that he's knocked out
Kibitoshin: "I see! I'm going to go there and revive Goku-san, right?"
Elder Kaioshin: "You nitwit! You don't have the kind of power it would take to revive Super Saiyan 4 Goku!"

Initial SS4 Goku/Golden Oozaru Baby are on such a level that Kibitoshin couldn't even restore the former's Ki. If treating this ability is equivalent across all continuities and considering Trunks could only fully restore the Ki of one SSB tier character despite being far less skilled in healing than Kibito, it would show that Initial SS4 Goku is far stronger than Manga SSB tiers as well as possibly PSSB tier characters based on how similar healing abilities have been used in the Moro Arc; which goes along with what's been said thus far in this analysis.

Can anyone remind me if and when Dende or Kibito's healing abilities have been used in the Super anime? That may paint a good idea of how GT high tiers stack up to certain Super characters.
I don't think Dende and Kibito healed anyone during Super. Even Kibito didn't even heal Satan who was knocked out during the Zen exhibition tournament and the former had to wait for Boo to get his injury cured. :troll

Also, do we really have to use Kibito's healing power as a measure stick? Dude is weak as fuck.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fearless In Quarantine said:
Also, do we really have to use Kibito's healing power as a measure stick? Dude is weak as fuck.
Considering we're able to see that Dende, someone who's healing should be inferior to his, can still heal the likes of Boo Arc Goku or Good Boo back to their full Ki, I'd say there's enough basis to treat it as impressive. I doubt the Potara fusion would've increased the capability of Kibitoshin's healing by much, considering it was a skill exclusive of Kibito and not one a Kaioshin has mastery in. He was also still able to fully heal Goku after returning to the main timeline in the manga.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I respect this respect thread.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.