GT's OST overrated?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I personally think the previous 2 series had much better OSTs than GT did, except that GT's openings and especially ending songs were great. Plus, they replay the same tracks over and over and it even feels misplaced at times. Thoughts?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I haven't heard the OSTs for the previous series, but I found the GT OST to be tolerable at best. One of the main battle OSTs is decent enough, but I agree that it feels way too repetitive. I'd give it a 4-5/10 on the best of days.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I don't care much for any of the OSTs in the actual show, though I do really like the intro and most of the closing songs.

The best OST from any of the series was Yamamoto's Kai OST. :cry

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I agree that in general the GT's OST's aren't as good as the Z's one, but yeah, the opening and ending were rather great melodies, at least the ending I am thinking about (I know the opening is kept constantly which isn't true for the ending). The Genki-Dama soundtrack (which is basically the instrumental/theme version of the opening played slowly) is one of the themes that I think is the best of all times, plus its nostalgia feeling that gives me whenever I touch upon it... dunno, it just does, and I feel relaxed and somewhat melancholic whenever I hear it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Yeah, DragonBall GT doesn't come close to the other ones but I think that the emotional tracks in DragonBall GT are really gr9 and the various versions of Dan-Dan Kokoro Hikareteku.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
GT's ost is OK. Nowhere near Kikuchi or Yamamoto's scores though still more memorable than the soundtrack of Kai's Boo Arc and Super's ost outside of the episode recap and Ultra Instinct themes.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It's still the most repetitive of all 5 series I'd say.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.