GT's ratings.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
The ratings started to declined after Pan blast off which implied that fans were disappointed that Gohan and Vegeta aren't going to the space. :shillary

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
You guys do realize Dragon Ball's ratings were going down before GT right? Geekdom confirmed this in the recent live stream of the Future Trunks arc of Super. People were getting bored of the show well into the Boo arc.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The episode where Goku and Vegeta were in Boo's head had the lowest ratings of any Z episode I believe.

Doesn't change the fact that GT sucks ass though.

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
Personally, I find the whole "GT blows!" consensus a load of croak shite, especially now that Super exists and is leaps and bounds worse in every conceivable way. Every issue with GT is back, 10 times worse stacked on top of Super's own issues yet that's supposed to be "great" sequel? Fuck and no.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
ekrolo2 said:
Personally, I find the whole "GT blows!" consensus a load of croak shite, especially now that Super exists and is leaps and bounds worse in every conceivable way. Every issue with GT is back, 10 times worse stacked on top of Super's own issues yet that's supposed to be "great" sequel? Fuck and no.

Both are subpar compared to the original series but I find that in spite of the plot hole ridden story Super at least tries to entertain and intrigue, and in recent episodes present depth (albeit not too well) while GT always bored me to sleep with some of the worst fight scenes I'd ever seen and was just annoying as an existence :sponge :sponge

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
Atem King of Nigeria said:
ekrolo2 said:

Both are subpar compared to the original series but I find that in spite of the plot hole ridden story Super at least tries to entertain and intrigue, and in recent episodes present depth (albeit not too well) while GT always bored me to sleep with some of the worst fight scenes I'd ever seen and was just annoying as an existence :sponge :sponge
Personally, even with GTs execution, I really like a lot of the concepts they made up and there are quite a few GT moments that are executed well. Super is just everything GT did poorly stacked up on top of everything Z did badly for two whole sagas mixed in with a shitty production and a writer (Toriyama) who hasn't written a good story on his own in decades.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
GT to me can be summed up as a 30-hour long dragged out version of movie 6, 7 or 10. Not even internally consistent, filled with base Saiyan dicking-around crap and horrid choreography and childish, unbearably lame humor and absurdly underwhelming feats (e.g. Yi Xing Long getting a powergasm from barely blowing up a city block, and trying to kill Goku with a clock :facepalm)

For all Super failed at, it at least feels like it's trying to succeed the spirits of the original manga and anime, while GT feels like any one of Toei's uninspired 40-minute feature goku wank similar to the movies, except fused with filler to create an entire series of excrutiating boredom. I hate a lot of Super myself, and certainly hate the direction they went with it recently where Future Trunks got every wank ever conceived to shoehorn himself into main protagonist status, but it keeps me wanting to watch it admittedly while I couldn't stand to watch even the M2 and (most of) the Baby arcs of GT even when I was in fucking junior high 13 years ago. With the combined apathies of Toriyama and one of the cheapest animation companies in Japan Super will have many more fall-outs from here on out, but nothing can be as bad as Super 17 or the early shadow dragons in my book, so until we get something on par with those I'm giving DBS just a bit of a lead :sponge

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I keep changing my mind on whether Super > or < GT, but at the end of the day, GT still sucks, Super sucks compared to DB/Z, and regardless of consensus, it's still just opinion, so meh.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
I say good things about GT but it's really difficult to actually watch anything but the baby episodes.

GT teases you because it has great concepts, character designs and progressions, great fights. Some guy on Neo said that if you describe the show to a Z fan that doesn't know better, it's awesome.

In reality the show sucks so bad it's painful. My wife and I sat and laughed through the entire black star db saga and the show returned to being a chore with those crappy shadow dragons.

Super on the other hand is almost irredeemable garbage with caricatures of iconic characters with piss poor character designs other than Bulma, but since it didn't end yet it has hope. With another saga on par to Black it has a chance to edge out GT. Honestly, the best is ahead of Super, while GT is over is really just a piece of shit.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah I don't think Super is good, the fact that most people draw comparisons to GT shows the show is at least borderline abysmal. But while clearly showing a lack of effort compared to the bulk of the manga it at least isn't 40% base kid Goku doing absolutely worthless shit combined with lame, power-hungry villains doing the same shit we saw in the movies but worse, so I feel comfortable at least saying it surpasses that. I still think it was a missed opportunity in many ways (namely the fact that 2 weeks ago we saw a repeat of the shadow dragon saga's ending), and I'd prefer that it end, but it's so far at least edged out Gigantic Trash and probably still has potential if I'm to give credit where it's due.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.