How did Gohan lose to Hirudegarn and Gotenks defeated Hirudegarn?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Gohan likely slacked off with his Saiyaman shenanigans and was one step short of being his tracksuit twink self. :troll

That or the kids trained enough to bridge the relatively small gap between them.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
I've always gone with Gohan and Gotenks being nerfed in the movie vs. Goku being haxed. Pretty sure SS2 Goku and SS2 Veggie outperformed Gohan in the movie. I guess Gohan was nerfed more than Gotenks. :toei

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Void said:
I've always gone with Gohan and Gotenks being nerfed in the movie vs. Goku being haxed. Pretty sure SS2 Goku and SS2 Veggie outperformed Gohan in the movie. I guess Gohan was nerfed more than Gotenks. :toei
Haxing Galu and Veggie would probably work better, considering that's what was going on in the anime at the time.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Void said:
Haxing Galu and Veggie would probably work better, considering that's what was going on in the anime at the time.
Half :pakl :pakl :pakl logic. :pakl :pakl :pakl

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Gohan's never been a good fighter. Hirudegarn's capability to essentially turn incorporeal while in mist form was implied to be why the Z-Fighters had such a difficult time in their first big scuffle with him. Gotenks was lucky enough to get a good opportunity. With Gohan's lack of fighting skill and Hirudegarn's mist phasing, it's no wonder he got his ass kicked; even Goku succumbed to it. I don't think Gotenks needs to be stronger than Gohan considering the latter never was able to land an attack, while Gotenks landed a special, but I can see why it looks that way.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Gohan had his SSJ2 Post Z Sword power at that time. He had lost his mystic power up but could still access his max power without transforming.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.