How strong is Teen Baby/Baby’s Absorptions?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Two questions but about the same topic. First, how to Baby’s absorptions/fusions work? I see many people suggesting it gives a power up to the controlled person, but I don’t see evidence of that at all. And why does his fusion with Vegeta yields far greater changes? Was it because it was a full assimilation?

And assuming Baby does power up his victims and it’s an additive boost. Does it even matter when his power is low enough to get smacked and then nuked by Base Goten? Or is he stronger than I think?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
He's weaker than Base Goten, though for reasons established in a similar thread about Trunks, I'd say he'd still be more or less on Pure Boo's level via scaling. He ought to not be too much weaker than Base Goten, considering Goten still felt compelled to go SSJ after getting an off-guard ( :troll ) cut.

As for how the boost works, I'd say it's additive for all but Vegeta. There ought to still be some boost when it's a bit difficult to have SSJ Goten remaining at the same power yet having a failed self-destruction more powerful than Ultimate Gohan. We're also shown later on that those controlled by Baby seem to have greater capabilities than they would normally, such as Bra being able to fly despite being implied in the Super #17 Arc to be unable to do so or Dende and Popo being brought to the level Kibitoshits decided it was best to run from them. The additive boost would only be somewhat relevant in Goten's case though when he was the only one of the three Saiyans Baby fully controlled who wasn't far above Baby in general.
As for Vegeta being the exception, it was indeed due to it being a full assimilation. Baby makes it quite clear his end goal after taking over Goten is to take over Vegeta's body, both due to him being the strongest fighter on Earth at the time and likely for the irony of having the descendent of the one responsible for the Tsufurians' extinction become the base for the race's revival. As we see later on when he exits Vegeta's body, what mutation has occurred is immediately erased and it doesn't seem that he plants an egg like he did with his other hosts, so making sure this body would be that of his end goal would be essential.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
So Base Goten > Teen Baby > Rild ~ Goku >>> Goten? I guess Vegeta forced him to train even after he missed the flight? :troll

Anyway, another feat for Baby’s boost is Piccolo all badass over Baby Gohan but getting smacked like a bitch. Though I kinda wanted a statement since some of these might just be :toei logic. Does Gohan saying Goten and Baby’s Ki are mixed count?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
Anyway, another feat for Baby’s boost is Piccolo all badass over Baby Gohan but getting smacked like a bitch.
I wouldn't quite say that's viable considering later on, before his death, Piccolo reminisces on this and comments in general on how strong Gohan has become. If anything, it just shows Piccolo was unaware on the gains Gohan had made from his training/reattaining SSJ.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Gohan was training with Roshi the entire time, Piccolo just didn’t know it :troll

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Base Goten wasn't much above Teen Baby. I'd put them more or less equal. None of Goten's attacks were damaging Baby.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.