I just thought of a plot-hole about Movie 9

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Movie 9 seems to be after Trunks came-back from the future to tell every-one he succeeded in defeating the cyborgs & Cell, yet Goten is nowhere to be seen.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I forget, do we see Chi Chi or Bulma/Chibi Trunks in this one?

Pehaps in this timeline there is no Goten.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Southern Gothic said:

We see them in the audience laughing at Yamcha's incompetence.

I'm pretty sure the reason there's no Goten is because this movie was written before Goten appeared in the anime, though.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Southern Gothic said:

We do. They are in the audience.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
To be fair, the anime seemed to change the difference between Trunks killing his #17/18 and killing Cell. The manga has it as 3 years, whilst the anime only refers to it as "some time later".
That said, it's highly plausible from an anime perspective that it was only a month or so after the Cell Game and Chichi had yet to show outward signs of pregnancy.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Kenshi said:
Southern Gothic said:

We see them in the audience laughing at Yamcha's incompetence.

I'm pretty sure the reason there's no Goten is because this movie was written before Goten appeared in the anime, though.
True, but doesn't that still count as a plot-hole technically? Even-though obviously it was meant to be sort-of a surprising reveal in the Boo saga that Goku & Chi-Chi had a second child.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Perhaps then Chi Chi was preggo but not really showing as of yet. You know, like three months or so. Realistically Kenshi's reasoning is probably the most likely.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Southern Gothic said:
Perhaps then Chi Chi was preggo but not really showing as of yet. You know, like three months or so. Realistically Kenshi's reasoning is probably the most likely.
Doesn't the time-machine take time charging? Like a year or so, so this'd have been roughly 6 years before the Boo saga but in the Boo saga, Goten was already 7 years old.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
To be fair, the anime seemed to change the difference between Trunks killing his #17/18 and killing Cell. The manga has it as 3 years, whilst the anime only refers to it as "some time later".
That said, it's highly plausible from an anime perspective that it was only a month or so after the Cell Game and Chichi had yet to show outward signs of pregnancy.
The time-machine takes time charging though, right?!

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Well then, there's only one reasonable answer:
SIDS
:mikey

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fantastische Hure said:
The time-machine takes time charging though, right?!
It does, though it's shown in Super that it can take far, far less than 3 years with the right amount of fuel, of which would be easier to obtain without two cyborgs running around destroying everything.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Come to think of it how can Trunks even choose which time-line to go to? There are multiple ones? If the time-machine is set to a year after the Cell-Games, that could mean any-other time-line as well.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Time travel in DB is nonsensical plot magic, but if I were to try and apply some logic to it, I'd assume that the timeline travelled to remains a stationary destination after the first trip unless travelling further back into the past.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Its ridiculous to ask such things which are in universe wise since movies are alternative universes. Like CC said the anime changed it as Trunks killing the cyborgs is an event that happened in the anime after the movie was released. Plus Goten never existed out of universe wise.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
Its ridiculous to ask such things which are in universe wise since movies are alternative universes. Like CC said the anime changed it as Trunks killing the cyborgs is an event that happened in the anime after the movie was released. Plus Goten never existed out of universe wise.
Trunks was literally stated to have come-back, IIRC so your post doesn't make any sense. :mikey :mikey :mikey

Also do you want to tell me Goten didn't exist in this alternate universe? :giraffe :giraffe :giraffe

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Fantastische Hure said:
Pakl said:
Trunks was literally stated to have come-back, IIRC so your post doesn't make any sense. :mikey :mikey :mikey

Also do you want to tell me Goten didn't exist in this alternate universe? :giraffe :giraffe :giraffe

True, Trunks was stated to come back, indeed. However, this even still did not happen in the anime. I am not questioning this, I am just saying the movie was revealed before Trunks killed the cyborgs in the future in the series. Goten indeed existed in this movie in Chi Chi's belly but in universe wise, not out of universe wise because Goten's existance was revealed long after this movie in the begining of the Boo Arc.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
"They left their phone at home" is a common plot hole. Does it even count at this point?

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.