If there was a Post-GT series

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
If there was a series revolving around Goku/Vegeta Jr.'s adventures after the end of GT, would you find it to be a decent way to take the franchise? Or at the very least, would you find it to be better than Super? :troll
Assume that Toei and Toriyama would treat it as a fun side story much like the DBH manga and Yamcha spinoff as a means to have it run alongside whatever Super sequel they have in the works, as they've made it clear already GT and Super are in separate continuities.

Whilst I don't see it as being more than average or more of the same, I believe it'd at least have more going for it than Super due to not being in-between two predestined time periods. Not being limited too much by continuity and the 100 year timeskip would lead to a lot of interesting ways you could take the world building. For instance, you could include a few DBO plot points such as Gohan's book on Ki, Tenshithands and Kuririn's Shin Tsuru/Kame-ryu schools or Goten/Trunks' swordsmanship schools due to Galu not being there to save the day anymore, thereby giving his farewell some actual impact beyond a dramatic ending to the series. Pan's age would allow her to die from natural causes as a means for there to not be someone there to resolve every problem too. Power creep would therefore not be a massive problem as without Pan and depending how strong you have Galu Jr. by the time of the 64th Tenkaichi Budokai, even 1-2k tier opponents could be considered genuine threats for a while.
Goku Jr's character had little going for him in what we saw, but with a series to help flesh out and develop him, he could become quite likeable protagonist due to being a good mix of Goku's positive attitude and Saiyan Arc Gohan's shy nature.
Considering how Kibitoshits was scared to be found by Popo and Dende, that implied power could even make Dende God tier for a good portion of the series? Do you think we'd ever get that anywhere else? :troll

It'd also offer a good way of explaining most of the events in the final episode that've only been alluded to in interviews, such as the Shenron realm Goku went to.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
A sequel that would trully focus on the descandants and would feel more like Early
DB, with a feeling of wandering an adventure, without insane galaxy/universe
busting powers, and with the manga's/anime's comedy well known elements, would
really worth the effort.
However, knowing Toei, it would once more turn into a Goku thing where he just
increases his power even more and the battles are nothing more than a contest
of whose blasts can make a greater boom. So, i advice Toei not to further wound
the franchise.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
withheldforprivacy said:
However, knowing Toei, it would once more turn into a Goku thing where he just increases his power even more and the battles are nothing more than a contest of whose blasts can make a greater boom. So, i advice Toei not to further wound the franchise.
Could go with it being a manga exclusive thing part of Shueisha's Dragon Room project then. :galu

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
:toei would fuck it up but it would be a great way of introducing a new generation of villains and allies.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Just take the series off life support. The original creator personally ruining his own series for 5 years now has soured me considerably on future Dragon Ball works. On top of that, isn't he going to be 66 years old next year? I'd bet my money the man will be fully senile at 70 if he isn't already.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.