Is Broly > Bojack possible?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I mean, Takao Koyama has always considered himself a Broly fanboy and considered him the strongest, not to mention the rule was “Everyone new villain Goku fights is stronger than the last one” and Goku barely appeared on the film.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Depends if you think Goku "fought" Bojack. I see people make an exception for this one since Gohan was the main character for once and Goku only appeared to land one off-guard punch before leaving again.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I don't see how one sucker punch would count as a "fight" so Bojack would be exempt from the rule.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
The statement of Koyama was to refer new movie villians in general and not only the ones Goku fought. Mentioning Goku is in a general way because he is the main hero. What is so hard to understand? Based on this logic, one can claim that Bojack can be stronger than M10 Broli too.

The entire new movie villians being stronger the last ones is a basic trend because the heroes are stronger in every arc as the series develop.

Bojack > M8 Broli is the same as Slug > Tullece, Coola > Slug etc etc.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pakl said:
The statement of Koyama was to refer new movie villians in general and not only the ones Goku fought. Mentioning Goku is in a general way because he is the main hero. What is so hard to understand?
Saying that his statement was a figure of speech is an interpretation no more valid than taking his words as what they are, which is that each movie villain Goku fights is stronger than the last.

Based on this logic, one can claim that Bojack can be stronger than M10 Broli too.
If the feats pointed to that, we could. The difference between Bojack VS Broly compared to your strawman is that there's actual evidence to support either side.

Also, unless you believe Bio-Broly > M10 Broly, then there's clearly exceptions to the escalation and taking Koyama's words literally makes far more sense.

The entire new movie villians being stronger the last ones is a basic trend because the heroes are stronger in every arc as the series develop.

With the other examples, there was actual comparisons made (eg. Goku saying Slug was completely different to anyone he sensed before) or enough of a time gap for one's superiority over the other to be evident (eg. Movie 5 being post-Namek whereas Movie 4 isn't). For Movies 8 and 9, there was no in-universe comparison or any major power ups for the cast beyond Gohan gaining SS2.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Pakl said:
The statement of Koyama was to refer new movie villians in general and not only the ones Goku fought. Mentioning Goku is in a general way because he is the main hero. What is so hard to understand? Based on this logic, one can claim that Bojack can be stronger than M10 Broli too.

Why not just say "every villain is stronger than the former" rather than throwing Goku's name in the middle? Koyama even admits he's biased as fuck towards Broly, so even something Broly > Everyone until Beerus isn't far fetched.

And one could indeed claim that, but they'd be strawmaning the whole thing. If the rule only applies to those Goku fought then Bojack couldn't be stronger than M10 Broly since he wouldn't even be stronger than M8 Broly in the first place.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
[mention]Captain Cadaver[/mention] so what's your view on the whole scaling movie chain? Answer quickly otherwise I'll go to the challenge thread and force you to make a power level list to every DBZ film :CC

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
GreatSaiyaman123 said:
@Captain Cadaver so what's your view on the whole scaling movie chain? Answer quickly otherwise I'll go to the challenge thread and force you to make a power level list to every DBZ film :CC
For the main villains, or something more expansive?

For the former (and just the first 13 DBZ movies), then: Hildegarn >> Janemba >>> M10 LSSJ Broly >> M8 LSSJ Broly >/>> Bojack >/>> Bio-Broly >>>> Super #13 >> Meta Coola >> Coola >>> Slug >> Tullece >>> Uiro >>>> Garlic Jr.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Both Broly and Bojack seem really good people. I'd like my good friend, Queen Ozma, and me to spend a tea party with them. As for their power, I think the way M8 Broly tanked Goku's KHH (this is Cell Games Goku imo) indicates he's at least SSJ2 level, as opposed to Bojack, who's just PC level.

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
With that statement, you can very well wank Broly is dumb level, let alone rubbish like Bojack

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.