Is Cooler higher than a Super-Saiyan?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:
I think he is (Higher than Namek SSJ Goku at least). I look at Goku in M5 in one of two ways.

1. Initially he's as strong as he was on Namek, but the Zenkai brought him to Yardrat level

2. He was Yardrat level to begin with, but the Zenkai brought him even higher.

Either way I'd put Cooler above Namek SSJ Goku.
But he got humiliated by a Goku that can't even become Super-Saiyan at will.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fantastische Hure said:
It kind-of is, but you could also argue that Cooler didn't go all-out against Goku in his 4th Form but that doesn't really make sense either.
It's a lot more likely that Coola can't summon such an incredible amount of power as Freeza can when they're in their true/4th forms. The Daizenshuu states Freeza couldn't control his true form's power, whereas Coola had full control over it's power. Whilst this would suggest base Coola > 100% Freeza, the Daiz also states that Freeza and Cold were far stronger than other members of their race, which would suggest it to be the opposite and that Coola simply can't increase his power to the extent Freeza can due to either not being as much a prodigy or not having the same mutation as his bro and dad.
In other words, Coola's far less likely to make some max muscle GAINZ. :brother

Fantastische Hure said:
But he got humiliated by a Goku that can't even become Super-Saiyan at will.
I wouldn't say that would suggest Goku's power is any less than it was on Namek. Roshi still outright states that Goku has become even stronger than he was since he got back from Namek and it seemed to be implied he gained a Zenkai after the Senzu to boot. It was also made apparent that Super Saiyan was still what defeated Freeza in this timeline, so no matter how you cut it M5 Goku > Namek Goku (post-Ginyu Zenkai). It's only his control over the transformation that's inferior due to Toei not knowing how it worked at the time. My best in-universe explanation is that Goku was only able to use it at will against Freeza due to his anger towards the tyrant heightening his abilities and learned to use the form at will on Yardrat, whereas in this timeline, he was likely too preoccupied celebrating with his friends to further his control of the form.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Fantastische Hure said:
Fifth Form?

Didn't seem like it to me. He got embarassed really fast.

I have him being in the same vicinity as Pikkon.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I think he's equal to Mecha Freeza and slightly exceeds Namek SS Goku. SS Trunks and above could easily dispatch of him.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
It's been a long time since I watched the movie but I think Cooler is stronger than SSjin tier from Namek Arc but not from Trunks arc IMO.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Fifth Form?

Didn't seem like it to me. He got embarassed really fast.

Almost 20 years ago when I was a Cooler nutswinger with the pirated dub VCD I would have came up with some bullshit reason why Cooler was a badass and barely lost against SSJ Goku.

Reality was Cooler is a bitch, M5 still slays though.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.