It could be said that Goku, when he became a child, decreased his physical strength, but kept his Ki?

SIAD

Elite
Goku decreasing in size and decreasing weight should decrease his physical strength, but according to the Perfect GT Files, Goku maintained his power, therefore his Ki did not decrease.

11 years ago when I saw DBGT for the first time, I thought that when Goku became a child, his power diminished too much and that his SSJ4 would be the equivalent of his adult SSJ3. He thought that Goku recovered all the power of him lost from him by becoming a child, when he was taken Beyond the Limits. I thought Vegeta surpassed Kid Goku in equal ways, until I saw that Kid Goku Base had surpassed Baby Gohan SSJ and the latter forced Vegeta to transform into SSJ.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Physical strength was never an issue when Goku was a kid, so I don't see why he'd lose it.

SIAD

Elite
Because it decreased in size, only that the ki remained.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Goku had absurd physical strength as a child before he had any level of ki control though. I don't think he'd lose it because his body shrunk.

SIAD

Elite
I know, but as an adult, it must have grown even higher.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
We know that his stamina decreased significantly, even though he'd been through plenty of battles throughout the year he spent in space. Wouldn't be surprising if he lost some of his old durability and strength too due to the deaging.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Son Goku
"In this form, he fought with Redic, General Rild, Super Baby, and others!! His body’s strength doesn’t seem to be any different than when he was an adult, but apparently his small body has diminished his stamina".

Stamina seems to be the only issue, and the Perfect Files goes out of its way to mention that Goku's strength remains the same by all observation. Truth be told, I think anyone would be hard pressed to find any difference at all between Adult Goku and Kid Goku. Even the evidence of a stamina decrease is selective at best, presenting itself in his struggle with maintaining SSJ3 and performing Instantaneous Movement. These are mostly for the sake of plot. When it comes to actual battle, he's as effective as ever. You could interchange Adult and Kid Goku and not even tell, minus the instances already mentioned.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It's stated that Saiyans stay in their child heights for most of their kid and teen years until maturing rapidly to a "battle ready" shape in their late teens in Jaco. They also state that Super Boo not only became stronger than Fat Boo with his evil being back in charge, but that his body had become more suited for battle with the change in physique. Having a far shorter reach, height and weight is definitely a big disadvantage in an otherwise even fight.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
It should be a big disadvantage, but we never see any of that play out, nor does Goku make any mention of having to adjust or compensate. On top of that, he make no effort to restore his adult body even when given chances to do so, which would be very unlike him to allow a perpetual shortcoming (no pun intended) to hold back his full potential. But I won't get hung up on this too much because my understanding of the Perfect Files is that it's referring to raw strength/battle power and not his overall fighting ability.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.