Kenshi's Read of Kingdom

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Just finished rereading volume 1, decent twist with the body double of the King and the other plot development so far. I'll post my thoughts volume by volume until I finally catch up on the 800 chapters this manga has :king

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished volume 2. The King basically surrendered himself to the mountain savages, I know he won't die but will keep reading to see what happens next.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
Once I’m caught up with Sakamoto I’ll prob give this a try

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Just read volume 3. Zheng and co. have infiltrated the castle with the mountain savages in tow. Looking forward to what happens next even though history tells us the outcome.

Future Warrior

Elite
A lot of people consider this the weakest arc so it’s nice to see people enjoy it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished volume 4. Getting a bit shonen-y with the final soul-filled strike at the end and unrealistically high stamina and that giant monster looking dude, but the plot is moving along and it looks like the dethroning of Zheng's bitchfaggot brother is going to be resolved soon.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished volume 5, Xin is about to head to his first real battle after Zheng took back the throne. Hopefully it's as @Future Warrior said and this arc will be better than the last, because it got shonen-y with Xin's whole ability to defeat warriors stronger than himself with resolve and all that. I will say I didn't really expect that "he was really a woman/girl" twist to be repeated, so that's a small surprise.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The next arcs after the one you're reading are among the top tier.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished volume 6. Definitely the most action-packed volume so far. The general of Xin's division sacrificed his life to take the opposing general's life and they climbed the hill. Too bad it's obvious they're fucked after with how many are actually left of their army though.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Volume 7 finished. Not much to say other than that the general of the numerically far superior army deciding to rush headfirst against someone considerably stronger than himself seemed stupid, although I understand the reasoning somewhat. We're about to get into the story of the King's former lover or whoever the new backstory's about.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Curious to see what you think of Sei's backstory.

Also nearly at one of the top arcs.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished Zheng (Sei)'s backstory. Pretty good backstory, even if the whole "a bunch of people died and I have to carry my will and become great" trope is cliched. Hope the next arc is top tier as Curtis says.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finished volume 10. Definitely picking up with the introduction of palace politics and Wang Yi's "training method" being introduced. I plan to read another two volumes today, I hope to get current within the summer.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.