Kenshi's Read of Kingdom

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Read volumes 11 and 12. Xin finally took the enemy general's head, and the midget girl joined the enemy's side as a budding strategist. Looking forward to how this arc wraps up as I hear Wang Yi (Ou Ki)'s last moments are epic.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Went on a binge and read all the way to volume 17 to complete the Wang Yi death arc and then some. Not bad, seems like it'll be very hard to top it.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
So it was one of the better arcs you have read in your opinion?

I think it just gets increasingly more interesting. Many intriguing characters like Riboku (blonde general who defeated Ouki through tactics tho he didn't fight him), Kanki, Ousen, more exploration of Ryofui (the prime minister from Qin and the rival for the throne for the kingdom of Qin [the main kingdom the story is centered on] )

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yes the arc was very good, other than some minor problems like the anatomy of soldier bodies being bad and some of the tactics being hard to follow due to side character generals being not well explored.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
0182-018.png

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Read up to volume 26 and took a bit of a break. At this rate it'll take all year for me to get current :troll

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I like it. I thought the Coalition arc would just be a distractive precursor to the presumably more important Ryo Fui arc, but while it builds up to it, the final siege at Sai had a real Romans vs. Carthigians vibe to it, with lots of tension. Some of the battles are kind of one-note with numerically superior forces falling once their general's head is taken off, but it's good so far. Hopefully by the time I get to chapter 600 I enjoy it even more.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I like it. I thought the Coalition arc would just be a distractive precursor to the presumably more important Ryo Fui arc, but while it builds up to it, the final siege at Sai had a real Romans vs. Carthigians vibe to it, with lots of tension. Some of the battles are kind of one-note with numerically superior forces falling once their general's head is taken off, but it's good so far. Hopefully by the time I get to chapter 600 I enjoy it even more.
What characters you like?

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.