M5 Coola's Squad

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How powerful do you have each member of Coola's Armored Squadron?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
They have to be at least above the 1mil tier, considering each one was stronger than a post-Namek Gohan. Dore was also strong enough to keep Goku in a hold and Goku was put at a disadvantage fight 3 on 1, with the only indication in the slightest that he was holding back at all being that Coola was impressed by his ability to counter his eye blast despite taking the damage from it. Even if Galu was holding back, the pressure Dora put him in would suggest it wasn't by much.

I'd place Dore slightly below Vegeta's final Zenkai on Namek and Sauzer a bit above that. Neizu can be treat as significantly below the other two with his efforts in the fight against Goku not helping much and him being completely fodderised by Piccolo whereas Sauzer could put up a fight with the help of his Ki blade. I'd place Neizu in between 2nd form Freeza's initial self and 1st power up.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Are the Z Senshi assumed to be at their final Namek powers in this movie? I recall it was said that Goku had gotten more powerful at the beginning of the movie..

Nice write up. Although it begs the question, why would Freeza settle for having goons like Zarbon/Dodoria, or even the Ginyu force if Coola possessed a squad each stronger than his second form. Seems very odd.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Kuririn and Gohan ought to be as strong as their Namek selves. Galu ought to be stronger as stated by Roshi, perhaps on the level of his Yardrat self, whilst Piccolo ought to be above Base Galu based on comparing their fights with the Armoured Squad (or if assuming Goku was holding back considerably, at least on par). It's worth mentioning that comparing the fight to Galu later OHKOing Sauzer and the praise he got from Coola suggests he got a Zenkai in the film (as well as BT2's story mode outright stating it if you want to bring that into the equation).

I'm guessing Freeza simply couldn't find soldiers of such quality? What makes it an even more interesting topic is that supplementary material such as promotional pieces and character bios in the Tenkaichi games say that Ginyu and Sauzer fought over who'd be the Armoured Squad leader, with Sauzer winning and Ginyu settling for being Freeza's top soldier. This would suggest Sauzer and, by extension, his two peers used to be far weaker in the past. This would be quite fitting when taking into account other things such as Coola's implied jealousy of Freeza or the Daizenshuu that includes character bios for movie villains only citing Freeza and Cold as mutated prodigies of their race. With that in mind, I'd theorise that Coola had less natural talent than Freeza and got to where he was through pure effort, with the same extending to his minions.
Too bad all this material wasn't translated over to the film, since it'd make the M5 villains pretty interesting rather than being bland copies of the Freeza Force.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.