Mike

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I just rewatched a bit of M8, and even Base Vegeta looks jacked. It's not just the SSJ form that looks a bit bulkier. He is a Super Saiyan, therefore no mid rosat theory.

:elmo

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Wouldn't this theory only pertain to Goku and Gohan??

Also I'm not Mike.

But I like inserting myself into other peoples business.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
People say that Vegeta/Trunks only went through the first ROAST trip, and Goku and Gohan left midway through their own.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
My problem with this theory is that TOEI didn't put that much thought into it, so why should I???

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Mike said:
Becoming a Super Saiyan does not make you more buff, though.
So he can transform straight into Gr.2?

:)

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
There's no explanation for Gohan being a weak turd tho.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
My argument is that them being buff does not signify Gr2 in the movie.

They are not shown to be able to use Gr.2 without being in Super Saiyan first.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
That's grasping at straws. Gohan can go from base to SS2, Goku can go from base to SS3, but Trunks can't go from base to SSG2?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Mike said:
That's grasping at straws. Gohan can go from base to SS2, Goku can go from base to SS3, but Trunks can't go from base to SSG2?
Never shown to be able to.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Can you show me somewhere where a Gr.2 or 3 can just instantly form from Base? When Trunks goes to stop Cell, he initially uses Super Saiyan, and has to pop into Gr.2 so he can catch up to Cell.

FP Semi Cell >> SSJ Trunks, so it would have made a lot more sense for him to start in Gr.2.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Genuine question: can't they transform strait into SSJ2 and 3 (and 4, lol)?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Southern Gothic said:
Genuine question: can't they transform strait into SSJ2 and 3 (and 4, lol)?
Yes.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Doflamingo said:
Can you show me somewhere where a Gr.2 or 3 can just instantly form from Base?
Does it really need to be explicitly shown? And would there be any reason to just have a random page with Vegeta going "Hey, look I can go straight from base to my new form! Cool!"? No, because that's pointless and stupid. Not everything needs to be explicitly shown, the viewer has to do something thinking/inferring on their own.

You're really arguing that a form that is even harder to control (SS3) can be achieved right from base, while Grade 2 can't? That's asinine.

Doflamingo said:
FP Semi Cell >> SSJ Trunks
That's your opinion. Not to mention Cell had already been beaten down at that point. He could've be stronger or weaker than SS Trunks at that point.

Doflamingo said:
so it would have made a lot more sense for him to start in Gr.2.
Perhaps he only needed it because Cell had a head start, and he thought he didn't need it at first.

Now, that aside, let me ask my question: Why does Trunks get buffer when he transforms? Super Saiyan doesn't make you buffer, but Trunks gets buffer when he transforms in M8. Any reason for that?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Does it really need to be explicitly shown? And would there be any reason to just have a random page with Vegeta going "Hey, look I can go straight from base to my new form! Cool!"? No, because that's pointless and stupid. Not everything needs to be explicitly shown, the viewer has to do something thinking/inferring on their own.

Are you arguing that a form that is even harder to control (SS3) can be achieved right from base, while Grade 2 can't? That's asinine.
Does it have to be shown? No. Whose case does it help more since it isn't shown? I'd say mine.

Harder to control than SSJ3? That is not my argument. The Grade forms are a different type of transformation altogether as they require you to bulk up your muscles, rather than just power up. I don't think that the bulking process is something that can be done instantly.

That's your opinion. Not to mention Cell had already been beaten down at that point. He could've be stronger or weaker than SS Trunks at that point.
You think FP Cell is not ahead of SSJ Trunks? That would go against Vegeta's compliment. I dunno man, Cell doesn't appear to be in too rough of shape or anything, and he also never mentioned any sort of damage. He has only mentioned his strength going down against SSJ2
Gohan, nobody else took power from him by beating him up.

Perhaps he only needed it because Cell had a head start, and he thought he didn't need it at first.
That is why he needed it, but it would also make sense that he needed Gr2, as Vegeta could have dropped back to Super Saiyan to beat Cell up if he was capable of doing so.

Why does Trunks get buffer when he transforms? Super Saiyan doesn't make you buffer, but Trunks gets buffer when he transforms in M8. Any reason for that?
Seems to be a Toei thing. In the Cell Games anime, the Saiyans become more muscular when transforming.

Also what's with the hostility? :|

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o