Mike

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I disagree with the "bulking process" not being instant. Trunks goes from SS to SSG2 within a single panel. I also don't think your case is being helped by the fact that it isn't shown. There's no point in the story where'd it actually fit for it to be shown rather than just having a random panel of someone saying "I can go from base to SSG2 instantly!"

Also, I don't see why Vegeta would go back down to Super Saiyan. You don't think he's one to be excessive and show off his new power?

I haven't seen the CG anime, so I'll just take your word on that.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yes, it is instant, but not instant from Base. Let me explain my perspective. Consider that the Grade forms are just an enhancement of Super Saiyan. They are not a separate form, they are simply building on Super Saiyan. So to access that form, you have to access the original form first. It's basically Super Saiyan 1.5.

Well considering he later agrees that Gr2 is a shit form that drains too much power and is inefficient, then yeah, I think he'd regress back if obvious that he could beat Cell.

It is not a complete bulk up like M8, but there is a notable increase in muscle volume.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Obvious troll thread... Gove me some rest.... The concept art of Vegeta and Trunks say they are SSjinG 2... M8 Broli is CG FPSSjin tier

Pakl

High Class Warrior
The Anime has SSjin Trunks beating 2nd form Cell

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
Doflamingo said:
I just rewatched a bit of M8, and even Base Vegeta looks jacked. It's not just the SSJ form that looks a bit bulkier. He is a Super Saiyan, therefore no mid rosat theory.

:elmo
He gets bulkier when he transforms.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why is he so much bigger in Base in this screenshot? His size is just all of the place in M8 to be frank.

DragonballZ-Movie08_827.jpg

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
His base form's muscle size isn't relevant.
It's the difference between the base form and the Super Saiyan form's muscle size that matters.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why is it not relevant? Does his Base form now have Grade forms too?

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
Obviously no, but that just means the animators drew him muscular in base in that scene.
It's no so much the size of his muscles in any of his forms that proves him to be Grade 2, but the fact that he bulks up when he transforms.
When CG Vegeta powers up to fight a Cell Junior, he doesn't bulk up.Likewise with Trunks.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
So how is this not contradictory for you? "The animators drew him muscular in base in that scene."

Why can't they do that for Super Saiyan then?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
It's not just the fact that he is buff, but the fact that there is a clear distinction made between his base and Super Saiyan form.

Compare that to Movie 9, where Trunks and Vegeta don't get any bulkier when they transform.

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
Because they wouldn't animate his muscles bulking up, if it was inconsistency.