Most under-rated emotional moment

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
That was in the Trunks TV-Special. What I'm talking about is the scene with Chi-Chi. Chi-Chi is worried about Gohan and asking where he's been, her father replies saying that he's been fighting the androids alongside Trunks. She says Gohan'd have become a gr9 scholar or something by now if it wasn't for the androids' havoc. Then, Chi-Chi looks back at an old family photo of Goku, Chi-Chi and young Gohan. Happy times. She says she doesn't care about any Androids and just wants Gohan to come-back home. The photo shows Goku as a father (unlike DB-Super :mikey :mikey :mikey ) and shows how happy they were before all of the stuff happening. Now Goku was dead, Gohan is trying his best to protect the earth from the Androids and Chi-Chi is alone with her father. Also shows Gohan's growth in character, because as you can see in the photo he looks like he did at the beginning of DragonBall Z, where he was young, polite, happy but also can also scared like when Raditz came, showing he was just a young person but in the TV-Special itself years later he's protecting the Earth like his father (but without his father or his friends). I know everyone always says Chi-Chi is annoying and stuff, but you can't help but feel sorry for her in the future time-line.

On another note it's also sad how Gohan gave-up all his dreams in the future just to protect the world from the Androids. He could have studied and then also protected the earth from the Androids at the same time, instead he gave-up all his time protecting the earth and training Trunks because they were the last two who could protect the earth. Gohan is doing all this without anyone of his old Z-Fighter allies by his side, like his father had all the time, but is still fighting for the peace of the earth, standing strong, not showing his sadness at everyone dying. A true Hero. In a way that made me all the more happy that in the series time-line he actually just got to do what he wanted to do and follow his dreams, even-though many people didn't like how Gohan turned-out post-Cell.

The people who wrote and directed the TV-Special were gr9.

Void

Elite
Retired Staff
Future Gohan always made me sad. He lost his father, his friends, and he was forced to defend the Earth on his own. Poor guy never got to live life how he wanted. The anime did a good job with him prepping Trunks for the fight ahead and showing the sacrifice he was willing to make. The only thing I dislike is how Gohan was absolutely shafted in the gains department. Dude can't even surpass Yardrat Goku after 10+ years.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Void said:
Future Gohan always made me sad. He lost his father, his friends, and he was forced to defend the Earth on his own. Poor guy never got to live life how he wanted. The anime did a good job with him prepping Trunks for the fight ahead and showing the sacrifice he was willing to make. The only thing I dislike is how Gohan was absolutely shafted in the gains department. Dude can't even surpass Yardrat Goku after 10+ years.
Yeah, I would easily say most tragic DragonBall character. Really depressing. The anime added so many things the manga didn't and really added to what was essentially in the manga nothing, from what I've heard. Seen some for myself. They've added other things as-well, like Gohan losing his arm protecting Trunks instead of just fighting Android #17 or giving the last Senzu-Bean to Trunks instead of taking it for himself, when he needed it much more probably. The TV-Special also made the Androids much more deplorable.

I'm sure DragonBall Super'll recton Gohan's death with another side-story, revealing he wasn't dead though. :troll :troll :troll

I kind-of wouldn't mind though. :troll2 :troll2 :troll2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Yeah, the way Trunks remembered future Gohan when he was about to leave the present timeline (Black Arc) makes it even more emotional given that he couldn't protect the Earth which he promised to Gohan. Which is also why Trunks didn't bother to ask Gohan's help since Gohan dream came true and he doesn't want to ruin it.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
2kewl4u said:
That was in the Trunks TV-Special. What I'm talking about is the scene with Chi-Chi. Chi-Chi is worried about Gohan and asking where he's been, her father replies saying that he's been fighting the androids alongside Trunks. She says Gohan'd have become a gr9 scholar or something by now if it wasn't for the androids' havoc. Then, Chi-Chi looks back at an old family photo of Goku, Chi-Chi and young Gohan. Happy times. She says she doesn't care about any Androids and just wants Gohan to come-back home. The photo shows Goku as a father (unlike DB-Super :mikey :mikey :mikey ) and shows how happy they were before all of the stuff happening. Now Goku was dead, Gohan is trying his best to protect the earth from the Androids and Chi-Chi is alone with her father. Also shows Gohan's growth in character, because as you can see in the photo he looks like he did at the beginning of DragonBall Z, where he was young, polite, happy but also can also scared like when Raditz came, showing he was just a young person but in the TV-Special itself years later he's protecting the Earth like his father (but without his father or his friends). I know everyone always says Chi-Chi is annoying and stuff, but you can't help but feel sorry for her in the future time-line.

On another note it's also sad how Gohan gave-up all his dreams in the future just to protect the world from the Androids. He could have studied and then also protected the earth from the Androids at the same time, instead he gave-up all his time protecting the earth and training Trunks because they were the last two who could protect the earth. Gohan is doing all this without anyone of his old Z-Fighter allies by his side, like his father had all the time, but is still fighting for the peace of the earth, standing strong, not showing his sadness at everyone dying. A true Hero. In a way that made me all the more happy that in the series time-line he actually just got to do what he wanted to do and follow his dreams, even-though many people didn't like how Gohan turned-out post-Cell.

The people who wrote and directed the TV-Special were gr9.

TFS made that moment much more emotional, with Chichi having almost got mentally insane.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.