Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
A few points to discuss:

* How strong are Goku and Vegeta?
* How strong is Piccolo?
* How strong is Metal Coola?

All relative to manga powers of course. I think Goku and Vegeta equal and also weaker than their Android saga counterparts, mostly because I think they should be weaker than their M7 counterparts. Piccolo can still be equal to his Android saga self and weaker than Goku and Vegeta, there just wouldn't be too big of a gap. Post-repair Coola, based on the above, would end up in between Android saga Vegeta and 18 for me.

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
Piccolo is his Kamicollo self. It was shown in the movie that Dende is the guardian of earth. Goku and Vegeta are slightly than their Android Saga counterparts Imo. Probably 20% stronger at most.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Forgot about Dende. Would that make Goku and Vegeta stronger than Kamiccolo then? I doubt Piccolo wouldn't be fighting Coola if he was the strongest.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Just noting that Dende was added at the last minute, long after the movie was finished. Doesn't change anything but should provide some insight to the original intent.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
If we're to take that statement of "each movie villain surpassing the next", then #13 > Meta Coola. Even without it, I doubt Piccolo would be treat that way if he were indeed at his post-Kami power, especially with the respect he was given in the next movie with Gohan believing he'd be a game changer against #13 and Piccolo swinging Mr. Trucker Hat around like a ragdoll prior to him taking blue man steroids. With his fight against the robots, you'd think Piccolo wasn't that much above Base Galu. I'd assume that maybe Piccolo didn't make as huge training gains as in canon and fusing with Kami only brought him to his canon pre-fusion level.

That said, I'd say Meta Coola, even post-repair, wouldn't be able to tangle with #18 for too long.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Probably on-par with their Android Saga selves. Just switched around because :toei :toei :toei .

And Metal-Cooler can be around Android #18, post-repair.

Piccolo I think is much lower, like CC because he seemed to be grouped more around the humans and Gohan than the Super-Saiyans.

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
Post Repair Meta Cooler after all his robot zenkais would be stronger than 18.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
#17 never openly stated #18 would get wrecked by two SSJs and didn't act as though the addition of Piccolo would make things impossible for her, so I severely doubt Coola would be superior when he got obliterated by a full power attack from two Pre-Rosat SSJs.

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
#17 never openly stated #18 would get wrecked by two SSJs and didn't act as though the addition of Piccolo would make things impossible for her, so I severely doubt Coola would be superior when he got obliterated by a full power attack from two Pre-Rosat SSJs.
Are you forgetting this statement that Android 17 made?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UCSnAIQPQc8/V6JRDU-cKOI/AAAAAAAB674/nE17EZNgVP8VS9bbAilvogBtjt2Tp1zJgCHM/s16000/0159-001.png Also initial Meta Cooler was weaker than SS Goku but after he regenerated his arm, he stomps him and he put Goku into a chokehold that would have killed him until Vegeta kicked him away, and even then he still kicked Vegeta balls. That puts Meta Cooler after his first Regen somewhat higher than SS Goku and Vegeta.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
#17's statement seems pretty weird though. After all, he had yet to see the movements of anyone other than Vegeta and can't sense Ki, so he has no way of knowing how strong they are. Most likely, he may have assumed each of the fighters made gains comparable to Vegeta's in his mind, given he didn't know what a Super Saiyan was.

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
#17's statement seems pretty weird though. After all, he had yet to see the movements of anyone other than Vegeta and can't sense Ki, so he has no way of knowing how strong they are. Most likely, he may have assumed each of the fighters made gains comparable to Vegeta's in his mind, given he didn't know what a Super Saiyan was.

If 17 statement was worthless, then Toriyama would hint that 17 is wrong. Imo From what the statement tell us is that Combined power of the Z fighters at the the scene> Android 18.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Rereading the scene, #17 had indeed seen Trunks' power when he attempted to destroy #16, so I concede that #17 at least has some basis on his analysis. However, that still isn't an accurate comparison for Coola, as along with the two SSJs around the level of the ones Coola faced, there's also Piccolo who's not too far behind them and two humans to act as some backup, leading to #18 facing a larger quantity of power than what Coola did.

Ultimate Cell

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Rereading the scene, #17 had indeed seen Trunks' power when he attempted to destroy #16, so I concede that #17 at least has some basis on his analysis. However, that still isn't an accurate comparison for Coola, as along with the two SSJs around the level of the ones Coola faced, there's also Piccolo who's not too far behind them and two humans to act as some backup, leading to #18 facing a larger quantity of power than what Coola did.
People like to assume that Goku and Vegeta are same as their Android counterparts, however the movies aren't always the same powerwise to the anime. Look at the Turles movie, Goku is at 30,000 and Piccolo is 18,000. They don't fit in with the power scaling in the anime. Movie 6 timeline is weird, the Androids and Trunks aren't shown or stated, all that is known is that Dende is the guardian, so my theory is that Goku cured his heart virus, destroyed 19 and 20, preventing 18,17, and 16 from activating, cell shows up, but Piccolo fuses and destroys him. Movie 6 Saiyans are stronger than their Android Saga counterparts. Not hugely strong but 25% stronger imo. Also to point in the movie Kami Piccolo lost against a Meta Cooler while in the big gette star. Granted Cooler had gotten another robot zenkais but that shows that Cooler was stronger than Kami Piccolo at that point.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.