Oob EoZ vs Oob BoGT

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
What kind of growth did Oob get between the two time periods? Both are often compared to some form of Majin Boo.

I have my own theories on BoGT Oob, but when it comes to end of Z in general, my knowlage is for the most part shallow.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
End of Z: At least above Good Buu, as strong as Pure Buu when he does that angry Kiai at Goku.

BoGT: I have SS Goku around SS Gotenks post, so Uub and Base Goku would be approx. 40% of that.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
EoZ Oob = Pure Boo.

BoGT Oob >= SSJ Gotenks Post RoSaT.

I have it as roughly a 10x in the 5 year gap.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I sort of had a commitment to the idea that BoGT Oob had to be slightly less than or equal to Gohan Boo at max. Otherwise Goku's statement about General Rild is completely unimpressive and wasted.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You must consider that Goku made incredibly unrealistic gains while traveling space. His BoGT level would've been absolute fodder to Rild, so Rild is most certainly still impressive.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
It's impossible for BoGT Uub to be close to Gohan-Buu. He's only on par with Base BoGT Goku.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Flame Alchemist said:
You must consider that Goku made incredibly unrealistic gains while traveling space. His BoGT level would've been absolute fodder to Rild, so Rild is most certainly still impressive.
That makes sense. Otherwise, Goku base would have smashed Rild, as opposed being at least slightly bothered. You both have brought me down to Gotenks post level, even though you differ on exactly what that is.

I'm comfortable with that. It's still a crazy gain for Oob and Goku in the time between Z and GT.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
SSJ Vegetto said:
It's impossible for BoGT Uub to be close to Gohan-Buu. He's only on par with Base BoGT Goku.
I more meant to say I was committed to that as a max, but yeah, that makes alot of sense.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Do you guys ever think Goku was suppressed all the way until M2? As little sense as that makes?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
SSJ Vegetto said:
Do you guys ever think Goku was suppressed all the way until M2? As little sense as that makes?
Not once did that cross my mind. Otherwise he would've one shotted Luud, and not gone SSJ against Redjic.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
That's true, but it kind of just bugged me. How does Goku getting like 20x stronger add any value to the story?

We'd also have to accept that Baby-possessed Goten is much stronger than BoGT Goku, despite not even being in space to fight or even train.

There's also the possibility that Gill just gave the Sigmas inaccurate data, he was pretending to be on their side, despite actually being on Goku/Trunks/Pan's side.

(I'm not denying Goku increasing in Space, just speculating.)

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
SSJ Vegetto said:
I'm not a big fan of surppressing characters overall unless there is a statement for it. People tend to squeeze it in at places because it can't be disproven IMO.

So, no. And I don't think it makes sense at Luud or Redjic.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
add any value to the story?
Who cares? Ridiculous power ups were a thing in the original DB, as well as Z. Seeing it in GT should be no surprise despite not adding anything to the story.

We'd also have to accept that Baby-possessed Goten is much stronger than BoGT Goku, despite not even being in space to fight or even train.
Issue is what? Baby powers up his possessed fighters.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Flame Alchemist said:
Who cares? Ridiculous power ups were a thing in the original DB, as well as Z. Seeing it in GT should be no surprise despite not adding anything to the story.
All of those were necessary to the plot. Nothing requires Goku to just randomly get so much stronger. (Unless Toei just wanted to have all of their enemies trump Z enemies I suppose.)

Flame Alchemist said:
Issue is what? Baby powers up his possessed fighters.
Yes, but it'd have to like a multi-fold increase. I doubt Goten got that much stronger from being possessed by Baby. I don't see Baby being any higher than SS Goten, so at best he doubled Goten's power.

I don't see BoGT SS Goku being close to half of Ultimate Gohan.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
All of those were necessary to the plot.
Piccolo on Kaio's planet? Vegeta and Trunks on their second RoSaT trip? EOZ powers? Why are any of those necessary at all?

Yes, but it'd have to like a multi-fold increase. I doubt Goten got that much stronger from being possessed by Baby. I don't see Baby being any higher than SS Goten, so at best he doubled Goten's power.

I don't see BoGT SS Goku being close to half of Ultimate Gohan.
Again, this would not matter if you stopped looking for consistency in something that is clearly inconsistent.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
SSJ Vegetto said:
I don't have any problems with that idea. SSJ + Baby + People Baby possessed. Baby gained significant power from the people he infected up to Goten. He went from having trouble against Trunks to standing up SSJ Goten. That's how I justify it.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
At the end of Z, I'd say he's Good Boo tier with considerable effort, and with his anger unhinged, he'd be around Pure Boo. With his 5 years of training with Goku, I'm comfortable placing him between post-RoSaT Super Saiyan Gotenks and Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks. My BoGT estimations aren't to be trusted, though, as I normally skip that saga when making any GT battle power lists.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Goku being around SS2 Gotenks is possible, I suppose. It just requires a small gap between Nutt (and by extension Luud Level 3) and SS Goku.

I personally keep SS3 Goku below Luud and Nutt.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work