Remove 1 thing from GT

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
If you had the ability to rewrite GT and remove 1 major component of it - whether it be an arc, fight, concept, anything really...what would you choose to remove?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
If I could remove one thing from Dragon Ball GT, it would probably be the concept of trying to recapture the original Dragon Ball magic. Shrinking Goku down to a child from a dumbass wish (and then plot-haxing it out with Super Saiyan 4) and chasing after the Dragon Balls couldn't possibly mimic that kind of nostalgia after everything introduced in Z and even the latter portion of DB. You had guys that could destroy universes as opposed to people that were impressed by elbowing a brick wall into oblivion; there was no going back to that as far as a sequel went. If they had simply made an off-shoot one-shot type of series with different characters, maybe, but not after Freeza, Cell, and Majin Boo.

I've lost my train of thought, but yeah, get rid of the nostalgia trip of adventuring for the Dragon Balls and replace it with a more straightforward Tenkaichi Budokai style tournament with no cop-out endings or interruptions. You could still bring in more of the universe by holding the tournament somewhere else in the galaxy so Earth wouldn't be in danger.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Either from turning Goku into a kid again or Pan.

With Goku as an adult, I don't think he'll take a crap from Pan. Similarly, Pan will respect Goku a lot more like during EoZ.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The Super 17 or BSDB arcs, but the latter would just need to be improved immensely in execution instead of a tryhard part 1 ripoff. Super 17 was such a trainwreck that even an Anoyoichi Budokai 2.0 would be better imo.

Notaka

Low Class Warrior
The idea that GT even exists :donovan

Sort of a meta thing, but I'd remove the insane focus the show has on Goku. Like for real, outside Goku and the main villain of the arc, you forget the other characters exist. Otherwise, nothing.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.